DbD needs a psuedo "Operation Health"

If there are any Rainbow Six fans out here I'm sure many of you remember that a season in year 2 (which was supposed to include 2 characters and a map) was COMPLETELY cancelled in favor of something called Operation Health

What was it? A 3-4 Month period where the developers constantly made major changes to the core of the game in an effort to improve player experience and address issues the game had been facing since release.

I feel we need this for Dbd. Scrap whatever chapter is in the works and set something like this up

Comments

  • 1.6.2/1.6.0 is our Operation health, really ######### buggy

  • Are you playing rainbow? I'm not well informed about that game, how was the result of "operation health"?

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    Are you playing rainbow? I'm not well informed about that game, how was the result of "operation health"?

    It was meme'd because the devs kept breaking the game down in an effort to rebuild it "like open heart surgery" they called it.

    It actually did resolve a ton of issues with lighting, hitboxes, hit registration, latency, etc.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/381952#Comment_381952

    It was meme'd because the devs kept breaking the game down in an effort to rebuild it "like open heart surgery" they called it.

    It actually did resolve a ton of issues with lighting, hitboxes, hit registration, latency, etc.

    So they basically completely F it over in order to fix issues, but kinda succeed and it took them 4 months? Sounds great

  • An "Operation Health" is never going to happen because fixing stuff doesn't generate revenue. DLCs and Store fodders do, so that's where the focus is.

    The only way for an "Operation Health" to be even considered by the developers, is when all players across all platforms decide to not buy anything more.

  • @se05239 said:

    An "Operation Health" is never going to happen because fixing stuff doesn't generate revenue. DLCs and Store fodders do, so that's where the focus is.

    The only way for an "Operation Health" to be even considered by the developers, is when all players across all platforms decide to not buy anything more.

    Could always release paid cosmetics during an "Operation Health" to keep revenue going.

  • @se05239 said:

    An "Operation Health" is never going to happen because fixing stuff doesn't generate revenue. DLCs and Store fodders do, so that's where the focus is.

    The only way for an "Operation Health" to be even considered by the developers, is when all players across all platforms decide to not buy anything more.

    You do know that the code jockeys and the creative team are different people, right?

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/381977#Comment_381977

    You do know that the code jockeys and the creative team are different people, right?

    And prioritising code jockeys over them is impossible because...?

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    Are you playing rainbow? I'm not well informed about that game, how was the result of "operation health"?

    it made Siege known as one of the greatest comeback games in history.

  • @Kagrenac Isn't the next dlc licensed? In that case it couldn't just be cancelled or delayed for health since they're working for another company on this one.

    Could get in trouble if they don't release it or lose their opportunity to work with them and get Evil Dead in DbD.

    Other health issues already have a time frame such as servers and fps issues too. They should just keep fixing bugs every 8 weeks lime they have been imo

  • Well, in a certain way it's already going on. Optimization and dedicated servers are being worked on, also some other stuff like the endgame rework(?) hinted by McLean... all stuff aimed to make the game healthier.

  • @SmokePotion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/381952#Comment_381952

    it made Siege known as one of the greatest comeback games in history.

    Really? Damn, I'm seriously suprised why the devs don't do it then. I'm pretty sure a lot of people stopped playing and the only reason why the playbase doesn't complete dip down is of new players. Imagine getting all the old players back.

  • @White_Owl said:

    Well, in a certain way it's already going on. Optimization and dedicated servers are being worked on, also some other stuff like the endgame rework(?) hinted by McLean... all stuff aimed to make the game healthier.

    @White_Owl You're so innocent. You know that we still don't even have REWARDS FOR REACHING RANK 1, right? And this game is like.. three years old now?

    When the developers say "We're working on it", it usually means NOTHING. It's like "We're listening to player feedback" and such. It's just PR speech to make the community hopeful. If they cared about our feedback, changes to DS would have come SOONER.

    Heck, we're been telling them about the rampant DC'ing issue that's happening and they're doing jackshit. Their so called system for issuing bans might as well not exist because its existance has no effect.

  • That would be fantastic.

    This game could really use something like it.


    I love playing R6, it is a very polished game, not perfect, but as far as most online/PVP games go, it's pretty close.

  • @se05239 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382176#Comment_382176

    @White_Owl You're so innocent. You know that we still don't even have REWARDS FOR REACHING RANK 1, right? And this game is like.. three years old now?

    When the developers say "We're working on it", it usually means NOTHING. It's like "We're listening to player feedback" and such. It's just PR speech to make the community hopeful. If they cared about our feedback, changes to DS would have come SOONER.

    Heck, we're been telling them about the rampant DC'ing issue that's happening and they're doing jackshit. Their so called system for issuing bans might as well not exist because its existance has no effect.

    I do feel a lot of stuff has been withheld, such as the infamous Freddy Rework

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382205#Comment_382205

    I do feel a lot of stuff has been withheld, such as the infamous Freddy Rework

    I don't know. Typically with a license, every, single step has to be approved by the licensor. They had the current version of Freddy approved by the licensor. I'm also wondering if any rework versions they have done behind the scenes (and there might very well have been several) have not been approved, or the approval process is just slow as hell.

    When I worked in the DC Comics license during my time in the table-top RPG industry, you would not believe how slow they were with the approvals. I'm talking sometimes a year delay between submission of work and approval.

    Any Freddy rework likely has to go through approval as well. It could very well be on that end, and a licensee is usually unable to actually come out and state that.

  • Operation health is hopefully going to happen this summer, otherwise I really dont see how I continue playing DBD.

  • If there are any Rainbow Six fans out here I'm sure many of you remember that a season in year 2 (which was supposed to include 2 characters and a map) was COMPLETELY cancelled in favor of something called Operation Health What was it?

    Naw id rather have my Evil Dead chapter first , THEN do whatever the hell you want

  • @se05239 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382176#Comment_382176

    @White_Owl You're so innocent. You know that we still don't even have REWARDS FOR REACHING RANK 1, right? And this game is like.. three years old now?

    When the developers say "We're working on it", it usually means NOTHING. It's like "We're listening to player feedback" and such. It's just PR speech to make the community hopeful. If they cared about our feedback, changes to DS would have come SOONER.

    Heck, we're been telling them about the rampant DC'ing issue that's happening and they're doing jackshit. Their so called system for issuing bans might as well not exist because its existance has no effect.

    Rank rewards have never been announced with dates infos and faqs, unlike servers and optimization. I'm not being innocent, I'm just stating what people seem to forget easily.

    In any case I just aknlowledge that game developing is very slow, and I honestly think bE is doing a good job compared to many other games I know.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382481#Comment_382481

    I don't know. Typically with a license, every, single step has to be approved by the licensor. They had the current version of Freddy approved by the licensor. I'm also wondering if any rework versions they have done behind the scenes (and there might very well have been several) have not been approved, or the approval process is just slow as hell.

    When I worked in the DC Comics license during my time in the table-top RPG industry, you would not believe how slow they were with the approvals. I'm talking sometimes a year delay between submission of work and approval.

    Any Freddy rework likely has to go through approval as well. It could very well be on that end, and a licensee is usually unable to actually come out and state that.

    I wanna add to that that most Info they release to public on these subjects are most likely greenlit by their lawyers for safety reasons too.

    Im not sure though if the balance of this game, or game mechanics are subject to the license though. Freddy got nerfed very shortly after his release and Myers had a long and spread history of buffs and nerfs too.

  • @ChesterTheMolester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382490#Comment_382490

    I wanna add to that that most Info they release to public on these subjects are most likely greenlit by their lawyers for safety reasons too.

    Im not sure though if the balance of this game, or game mechanics are subject to the license though. Freddy got nerfed very shortly after his release and Myers had a long and spread history of buffs and nerfs too.

    Yeah, I'm not sure, either. That said, once Freddy's kit was approved, a nerf or buff was likely within bounds for not needing new approval. The approved kit remained the same, just numbers were tweaked. We did that on the DC Comics table-top RPG for example. The Stat write-ups as far as powers and such were approved, but we tweaked a couple of numbers before release.

    Reworking Freddy, though, if they are changing key components of his kit, might fall under needing a new approval. Naturally, I'm just speculating based on my own licensing experience. I've no inkling what type of licenses or terms Behavior negotiates.