Petition to add rank rewards.

Pretty simple, reply to the post to keep it alive long enough maybe a dev will see it and all of the people wanting it so BHVR will add it in.

I won't pretend I know how to balance their economy they have created or how much grinding they want the player to go through, however, I do know that currently rank means almost nothing to the player. With the new ranking system it is supposed to show how well they can demonstrate their skill as once side or another but there really isn't a reason for the player to care what rank they are in, so giving them a reward of bloodpoints/shards would be a good incentive to climb the ranks.

Comments

  • " With the new ranking system it is supposed to show how well they can demonstrate their skill "

    LMAO 🤣

  • Would this be a one time deal only? Like the first time you reach that rank you get bonuses, then if you reset or drop and come back up then nothing ever? How does this work?

  • @The_Crusader said:

    " With the new ranking system it is supposed to show how well they can demonstrate their skill "

    LMAO 🤣

    Seriously its no joke, I won't do justice explaining it and depending on who you are you might not even care what I would say. But if you do ScottJund did a good video explaining why the ranking system shows skill over anything.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQOS327LvGY

    TL;DW If you dominate one side by either 4King in 2 min or escaping in 2 min, that really isn't a demonstration of skill, its just annihilating a bad player/bad players. Which if you think about it, should you really get a pip for showing you can dominate someone who is way less skillful than you? Or should you only get rewarded when you demonstrate the ability to out skill your opponent.

  • This content has been removed.
  • People have been asking for this since day 1... good luck trying to convince the devs.

  • The devs already know, they even pinned a post for a few days to get some ideas on what they could do.

    All we can do now is wait and pray.

  • While I believe that rank rewards will be healthy in the long run, I also believe that in the current state of the game the addition of rank rewards would break the game.


    Everywhere tryhard SWF squads with flashlights, everywhere nurse and billy.....

    There are too many balance gaps tbh

  • @Zagrid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/378925#Comment_378925

    Seriously its no joke, I won't do justice explaining it and depending on who you are you might not even care what I would say. But if you do ScottJund did a good video explaining why the ranking system shows skill over anything.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQOS327LvGY

    TL;DW If you dominate one side by either 4King in 2 min or escaping in 2 min, that really isn't a demonstration of skill, its just annihilating a bad player/bad players. Which if you think about it, should you really get a pip for showing you can dominate someone who is way less skillful than you? Or should you only get rewarded when you demonstrate the ability to out skill your opponent.

    So if I dominate the other side it's nothing to do with my skill it just means the other team sucks? You couldn't ask for a better result.

    And ######### Jund lost all respect for him because all he does is come on here to defend his partners clearly rule breaking behaviour.

  • now with the new ranking system I have even less motivation to rank up because I actually have to try harder plus no rewards and honestly games are more fun at lower ranks if there were rewards tho...