¿What is the purpose of the new lobby search as killer?

I would understand you have to find a lobby if there were dedicated servers, but there're actually no, you still have to host the game.

Comments

  • Yeah it confused me too. I thought for a moment it's already dedicated servers, but they said it would start in the summer. Really weird.

  • Most likely it was done in preparation for dedicated servers.

  • I would assume that it picks a few killers at a time to create lobby pools. Instead of having like 1k killers trying to host a game at the same time, it picks 250 and makes sure their lobbies are full. This reduces the lobby waiting time, but it just introduces a pre-lobby wait time instead. Just a guess though.

    The problem i have, is that every lobby i create is full of red pings

  • @Lagoni said:

    I would assume that it picks a few killers at a time to create lobby pools. Instead of having like 1k killers trying to host a game at the same time, it picks 250 and makes sure their lobbies are full. This reduces the lobby waiting time, but it just introduces a pre-lobby wait time instead. Just a guess though.

    The problem i have, is that every lobby i create is full of red pings

    It's not even working like that. Most of the time, I wait for 10 minutes, then I am put in a lobby with 2 survivors. Then we wait for another 2 minutes.

  • To discourage lobby dodging

  • @The_Crusader said:

    To discourage lobby dodging

    This makes lobby dodging more annoying