RE. Matchmaking times
"XboxOne: Killer 3 minutes, Survivor 3 minutes
PS4: Killer 1 minute, Survivor 3 minutes
PC: Killer 3 minutes, Survivor 1 minute"
If I'm reading this right, it means that there are more killers than survivors on PC and more survivors than killer on PS. Xbox has equal amounts.
Comments
On PC, this is the reverse of what I get, outside lobby bugs. It's quite interesting.
For me on ps4.
Survivor-3+ minutes
Killer-almost instant
I can only talk about pc, but in the eu afternoon/evening/night I get very consistently:
Killer usually instant, never longer than 1 minute
Survivor usually within 30-60 secons, never longer than 5 minutes
My matchmaking times and rank range on PS4 (survivor)
Friday
Saturday
@Master @knell @Eveline I'm not talking about the exact times, I'm looking more at population based on killer/survivor. PS is short killers and PC is short survivors.
Well that doesnt agree with my experiences, but that probably depends on region and time aswell.
However, a crossplatform feature could balanec out these imbalanced and improve everyones queue time
I know I just wanted to compare it to my experience. I don't know about pc but some pc players are saying opposite and that there is a shortage of killers there as well.
Ah, sorry.
I think most PS4 players would agree with the PS4 Matchmaking status, in that there has always been shortage of killers (except sometimes during certain events).
Seems slightly strange for PC, since from what I read on the forums, there are usually a shortage of killers as well, but that could have been exaggerated from both sides. Or as Master has speculated, it could be due to the geolocation and time of the day as well. However, given how many people are complaining about being paired into a lobby from people all around the world (as well as the rank differences), I'm not sure that's very plausible either.
I wish the PC players on the forum would take the time to actually measure out the length of their wait times like I did above so we can get a broader idea of how accurate the developer's assessment of the situation is. After all, according to the developers, these are the maximum values, and not the average values of wait times.
It's also interesting to note that XboxOne seemed to have the most balanced group, but instead of 1 minute of wait for both sides, it's 3 minutes for both sides. Part of the reason is probably due to having less players overall, but I wonder how much the process of building 'a queue for killers and a queue for survivors' before the placement into the lobby takes.