Abusing sound notifications in game

I'm tired of playing sentient killers, being in a chase and having someone all the way across the map abusing lockers/thrill of the hunt/pallets to spam me with sound notifications. Can we please lower the volume of the sound after X number of rapid uses in sequence? OR make it so that all survivors gets the notifications as well. With SWF teams (who already have the benefit of communication across map) tend to abuse this feature.

Comments

  • Not the biggest issue in the world but there should be a cooldown on notifications of the same source, would also make using Discordence less annoying.

    Also the suggestion that survivors should get it as well is horrible, last thing i need as survivor is a griefing ######### doing a Michael Bay impression while im listening for stealth Killers.


  • @ChesterTheMolester said:

    Not the biggest issue in the world but there should be a cooldown on notifications of the same source, would also make using Discordence less annoying.

    Also the suggestion that survivors should get it as well is horrible, last thing i need as survivor is a griefing ######### doing a Michael Bay impression while im listening for stealth Killers.

    @ChesterTheMolester I agree it's not the biggest issue in this game. But when it happens it can definitely ruin the game. Sound is such a key aspect of DBD.

  • I'm tired of playing sentient killers, being in a chase and having someone all the way across the map abusing lockers/thrill of the hunt/pallets to spam me with sound notifications.

    I do this sometimes when I have to leave and I don't just want to DC... or maybe if I play against a killer I just don't feel like playing against so I can die faster...

  • @McCree Yeah, a few times is okay. But when it goes on for 20 seconds or more, it super frustrating.

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368394#Comment_368394

    @ChesterTheMolester I agree it's not the biggest issue in this game. But when it happens it can definitely ruin the game. Sound is such a key aspect of DBD.

    This^

    discordance can be hindering and distracting during a chase.

  • I prefer them doing that thing than doing gens, they are wasting time.

  • @IamFran Not if it's discordance

  • Discordance needs different sounds.

  • I'm tired of playing sentient killers, being in a chase and having someone all the way across the map abusing lockers/thrill of the hunt/pallets to spam me with sound notifications.

    Stuff like this always results in muting DBD and going for facecamping =)