A balanced system to give more bloodpoints
Make it so that players earn equivalent amounts of bloodpoints for survivor/killer.
Make it so that if one side is playing less Ie is less populated on a certain day, you get an xp bonus/bloodpoints bonus to encourage people to balance it out.
If the playerbase is balanced in playing no particular side too much, give them both a buff to bloodpoints (50% additional) etc.
This would thusly grant players more bloodpoints (keeping survivor and killer averages the same) while incentivising playing the other side if not enough people are playing them.
Comments
Survivors and killers already make roughly the same amount of BP (or rather, they have the potential to do so).
The problem is that survivors often don't perform interactions that provide BP, with the exception of their main objective (generators). They could search boxes, heal people, cleanse totems, even break hooks (although that'd piss off the killer), but all they do is repair generators, lose chases, and occasionally unhook people.
Meanwhile, the killer damages generators, wins chases, breaks pallets, hooks people, grabs people (sometimes), and so on. They perform many more interactions, and so they naturally get more points.
When playing survivor I really try to earn the most bloodpoints as possible (the worst that can happen is waiting for a match for 10 god damn minutes and then ending only with 12k points). So after I finish my first gen I usually go for a totem hunting and chest searching (that´s why I run the chest perk - did you guys know it gives you really great items? I usualy end up having a violet map, medkit or repair box - the map can be very usefull when the killer runs a Ruin and it can´t be found anywhere). During this time at least one ally ends on a hook so a rescue is another way how to get some points early. When it comes to healing another survivors I usualy end up standing next to a selfhealing survivor who refuses to let me heal him. Sometimes I try to break 1 or 2 hooks but i´M not sure if it gives me any points cause after a breaking a hookI can´t see anything on my screen what would tell me if I earn something for breaking it.
When playing as a killer I don´t have to focus on earning bloodpoints that much cause basicaly every match I play gives me 24k and more points so that´s fine.
I like this idea. There aren't enough people playing killer on consoles, so that could help solving this problem.
@Orion That's not entirely true. Whether you can get lots of bloodpoints as surv also depends on the killer's and the other survivors' playstyle. If the killer camps or slugs, the survs are not going to get a lot of bloodpoints. If the teammates are also "hard-working", all the survs can get a good amount of bp, but nobody will get a really high amount.
Also, there is this limit of 8k bp per category which doesn't help. I'd prefer just an overall limit of 32k bp.
I'm sorry, but that's just plain false. Only one of the things I mentioned actually requires the killer to not play in a specific way, and that's unhooking people. You can pick up slugs, you can cleanse totems, you can search chests, and you can break hooks without the killer having to play in a certain way.
@Orion Picking up survs, cleansing, chests - that gives some bloodpoints, but not a nice amount. Unhooks, working together on gens, chases - these are the nice bloodpoints for survs.
@NoShinyPony You are wasting your time to convince people. I tried a lot but nope, it doesn't work.
I actually can accept that I am a terrible survivor if somebody claims. So in order to see whether it is because of my lack of skill as survivor, I checked streamers that I watch to see what they are doing with survivors and killers.
Their killers earn much much more than their survivors even if you remove BBQ stacks.
I also looked at their WGLF stacks and BBQ stacks and it is so much easier to get BBQ stacks in spite of forum killers claiming that WGLF stacks are easier to get.
It is a lot easier to get bloodpoints as a killer and any person who tries to be a little bit objective will accept that.
Imma add that 32k overall cap idea to my main post actually :) thats a good idea
Yeah this post wasn't even exactly arguing that killers get more bp then survivors (which they do, its simply just easier to do so) but more so just asking to balance the bp gain. hell that could even mean just extra boldness points for a pallet slam, or body block. etc maybe not in terms of embelem's but in terms of just blood points
besides my overall idea was just to implement a buff to people at the start of the match if there playing the side with the least players at their rank ie more killer mains on at rank 1, then a few players switch to survivor to balance it out and get rewarded. you'd still be able to play the side you want, you'd just get thrown into the game with a small bp buff
this would lower queue times and the grind time so i mean its literally a win win?