What do you define as fun when you play, whether as a killer or a survivor ?

I mean, of course it's a game about killer who chase survivors trying to escape (or the opposite, survivors who try to leave the map), but if the killers have to find and try to catch the others players and that these ones have to hide and be discreet in theory ; in fact, I have the impression during my few games a lot of survivors are here for "pursue" the killer player for taunt him or make him waste time (not all of these, but the majority).

What do you think about it ? What is fun for you, in game ?

For the exemple ; as a survivor, I have fun when I succeed to be discreet during the duration of the game, helping others if needed and accomplishing goals, like repairs and purifying totems when I found them. Even if I get caught in the end ; I would have pushed the others towards the exit and helped them.

As a killer, this could be the search of the survivors, when I found them and that I win pursuits by hanging them ; trying to avoid unfair camp, tunnel and other but t's hard to judge during the game what's really fair or not.

I think that points of view according to the roles in the game are very different and it seems difficult to agree with each other, but would not there be a mentality or means for a majority of fun games for the two sides..?

Comments

  • Survivors have fun when they win chases aka survive and don't get hooked, Killers have fun when they win chases aka kill the survivors, therefore only one side can have fun ofc then there are ppl that could have fun while dying ect. but mainly that's what I see atleast.

  • Playing as survior get really fun chases where ether im boosted or the killer is boosted


    Killer having fun chases you should never care about how many kills you get but only if i play tum tum i need 4k xd

  • For me.

    As survivor: I like to… survive. :P

    I do not enjoy chases, because I am bad at it. I gens and totems. And in general I try to drag my part in bringing as many of us out as I can, without sacrificing myself. I play stealthy if I can and run when I have to. I try to help my team as much as I can, because they are my key to my surviving. I have "fun" when I think I played smart and made good tactical decisions.

    As killer:

    Killing. XD

    I am not enjoying the chase itself. The "fun" is in the success. I like playing the powerrole. Haters can come and call me out for having ego issues, but hey "it's a game". When real life is stressed out, I find it enjoyable and relaxing to be the big bad for a moment. That's why I like the whole package about a killer. If cocky survivor are disrespectful and want to get chased or just unhook in my face, it breaks my immersion of the game. Being a threat should make them try to avoid me and I have to outsmart them and find them. And in a chase, the killer should win… the powerrole should always win any 1v1 situation. That's part of the asymetrical aspect of the game. Getting hooks, sacrifices, moris, bleedouts.

    Outsmarting them and making good tactical decisions. (Yes, that includes clustering gens, not giving free unhooks and going for the injured)

  • Doing chases well.

    I don't really care if i get genrushed, as long as chases are done well.

  • Palleting + pointing (key 1) killer

    And what @boss sez

  • I like to outplay the opposite side, doesn't matter if I play Survivor or Killer.

  • Survivor

    -Teabag after every pallet drop because it is so hard to drop a pallet

    -Teabag at the exit gate because I am safe coward there

    -Click flashlights because mommy and daddy didn't give me enough attention


    Killer

    -Pretend to giving you a hatch then hooking you next to it because I am always ignored and want any kind of reaction to my actions from others

    -Camp and tunnel you because I am skilled at the game and can down injured unhooked survivor when I am next to them, EZ

    -Nod in your screen after you looped me for 5 gens and everyone else escaped because I did a pretty good job

  • Im a really competitive guy, I have fun if I win, just like in any other game.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    Survivors have fun when they win chases aka survive and don't get hooked, Killers have fun when they win chases aka kill the survivors, therefore only one side can have fun ofc then there are ppl that could have fun while dying ect. but mainly that's what I see atleast.

    Nowadays survivors dont even try to win chases, they just waste as much time as possible.

    Thats the sad part about DBD, I liked the early iterations / meta a lot more

  • As survivor evading the killer, juking them and watching them keep searching as I get away, opening chest, doing totems, gens and helping others, escape means little to me as long as I can get a good amount of BP's.

    As killer fun chases with mindgames, I love it when they try to evade and I am there waiting and you see them panic, trying to hook everyone multiple times and making my own challenges as I play like getting a certain survivor hooked, stoppong a gen from being repaired, making them drop pallets earlier, therefore too many to mention, of course i also like lots of BP's.