SURVIVOR COMMUNICATION

I figured I would list and explain some common methods for survivor communication that is useful for when you're playing solo.


  1. DOUBLE CROUCHING WHILE INJURED: Heal me
  2. DOUBLE CROUCHING AFTER HEAL: Thank you/You're Welcome
  3. RAISING ARMS WHILE HOOKED: Killer is close, don’t unhook me
  4. STAYING STILL WHILE HOOKED: Unhooking me is safe
  5. SPINNING IN CIRCLE WHILE DOWNED: Killer is slugging me and nearby
  6. POINTING AT GENERATOR: Keep working on the generator
  7. POINTING AWAY FROM GENERATOR: I got this generator, find another
  8. WAVING TO FOLLOW AND THEN POINTING AT HOOK: Let's both rush the hook.


These are the only ones I've learned while playing, but I'm curious if anyone here knows any other universal communication cues for the game.

Comments

  • As a survivor main I support this message.

  • This is factual.

  • Didn't spinning mean you're fully healed or at a pallet? And how would someone say "no one's coming" when everyone's sitting on a gen? I've found tugging on the hook actually gets people running to you. How do you warn of traps? The game needs a better way to communicate things. More specific and more options.

  • I normally spin in a circle to tell people that it IS safe. I would just lie still if the killer was camping my downed body. Also I sometimes raise my hands out of boredom, not to alert my team that the killer is nearby. 😂

  • If I crouch before I unhook you I have we'll make it so dont run away.

  • @Huhconduct said:

    If I crouch before I unhook you I have we'll make it so dont run away.

    Too many hook chasers , we go somewhere near before it runs out.

  • I figured I would list and explain some common methods for survivor communication that is useful for when you're playing solo.

    Oh really? I thought it means

    1. DOUBLE CROUCHING WHILE INJURED: Tunnel me
    2. DOUBLE CROUCHING AFTER HEAL: Tunnel me
    3. RAISING ARMS WHILE HOOKED: Stay, I dont wanna be lonely
    4. STAYING STILL WHILE HOOKED: Sad survivors wants some company
    5. SPINNING IN CIRCLE WHILE DOWNED: Survivor trying to lose blood faster by rotating fast, I assume he wants to bleed out instead of being hooked
    6. POINTING AT GENERATOR: Survivor wanna farm
    7. POINTING AWAY FROM GENERATOR: Pointing towards next loop where he wanna be tunneled
    8. WAVING TO FOLLOW AND THEN POINTING AT HOOK: Survivor has received the invitaton to the basement party


  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/51726/survivor-communication

    Oh really? I thought it means

    1. DOUBLE CROUCHING WHILE INJURED: Tunnel me
    2. DOUBLE CROUCHING AFTER HEAL: Tunnel me
    3. RAISING ARMS WHILE HOOKED: Stay, I dont wanna be lonely
    4. STAYING STILL WHILE HOOKED: Sad survivors wants some company
    5. SPINNING IN CIRCLE WHILE DOWNED: Survivor trying to lose blood faster by rotating fast, I assume he wants to bleed out instead of being hooked
    6. POINTING AT GENERATOR: Survivor wanna farm
    7. POINTING AWAY FROM GENERATOR: Pointing towards next loop where he wanna be tunneled
    8. WAVING TO FOLLOW AND THEN POINTING AT HOOK: Survivor has received the invitaton to the basement party

    😂

  • I thought raising your hands while on the hook is like saying Come Here and staying still is like saying The Killer is Nearby. I also thought people just spin while floored to be goofballs.

    But yeah for me personally I don't see myself changing how i do my hook gesture. It also helps when the killer is salty and wants to stand by me attacking over and over again or camping, I am not sure but I assume they're more likely to piss off at least a small distance if I just stay still than if I try to tell people to unhook me with my arm raising.

  • @Kurisataru said:

    I thought raising your hands while on the hook is like saying Come Here and staying still is like saying The Killer is Nearby. I also thought people just spin while floored to be goofballs.

    But yeah for me personally I don't see myself changing how i do my hook gesture. It also helps when the killer is salty and wants to stand by me attacking over and over again or camping, I am not sure but I assume they're more likely to piss off at least a small distance if I just stay still than if I try to tell people to unhook me with my arm raising.

    Yeah it’s definitely the reverse for arm movements on the hook.


    I think your logic makes sense in not using the communication keys within line of sight of the killer, but most people use it to say the killer is present.

  • @Huhconduct said:

    If I crouch before I unhook you I have we'll make it so dont run away.

    well the survivors get a notification anyway