MYC buffs
- Please give that perk an indicator if you are far enough to trigger it (just like Devour Hope).
- Remove the exposed indicator, so that the attack comes by surprise.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I agree
What’s the choice being made? How are you making a choice? It ruins the whole concept of the perk.
The concept is, the killer made the choice to give a free unhook and the decision not to tunnel the unhooked for an insta down on the rescuer.
But because he needs to gamble, because he doesn't get to know when and if he is far enough away and the "victim" gets a notification and knows that he has to hide. Otherwise he might try to tank a hit for the rescued, but he gets all the Infos for free.
In the SAW franchise, AND in DBD, (devs confirmed this) it’s the survivor making the choice. And that they even planned on adding a notification BEFORE the rescue. So no, don’t push your perception of what it means on me.
Do that and I might even buy the pig DLC
Source?
Obviously SAW for the first one. And the dev streams, about 1 or 2 after the pigs release I think, maybe a bit later.
Has been asked, repeatedly.
+1 again
I know, but it would allow for much intense gameplay and true decisions for the survivor.
If I do not know in advance IF the killer has MYC I have to decide for myself if I want to tank a hit for the unhooked after I unhooked him or if I am just to scared to get an insta down.
That would make more of a horror experience than the perk now.
The unhooker made a choice to put himself in danger to help the poor sap on the hook.
The thing I wonder about is why it has to have a cooldown.
If they change it, it would be nice to see the distance when it lights up, like you said and have no cooldown.
Hiding "exposed" notification kind of denies any sort of counter play to the perk, You gotta think about the other side as well
Love this idea, I also kind of thought that maybe when the person is affected by MYC, a little indicator comes up when you are chasing them so that you know who its is, but this may be a little too powerful.
I do, just play it like BBQ, just expect every killer to have it until proven otherwise.
Back in the days when SFTS was powerful, every survivor needed to be aware of crows. That was glorious, because it made the game more intense, you needed to make decisions about the risks you want to take or not.
See you in the fog
Having to hide for 1 minute after each unhook is extremely harsh, seems way killer sided to me. You can't compare it to BBQ which is a 4 seconds thing. Don't make SoloQ even more harder for survivors. Plus sometimes you take a hit for unhooked survivor to give him a chance or take the aggro, This is a legit play and should not be punished this way.
Plus you can already know if killer has make your choice without the exposed notification, just by hearing your scream after the unhook. For all i know, swf will only benefit from it since they will probably tell each other anyway.
Hiding for a minute is considered "harsh"??
Serious?