I want to know why randoms of any rank are all single digit IQ.

So when you play high rank killers. People tend to use SWF to swing the advantage in their favor. If one of these guys camps the SWF team will punish. 3 gens can easily be done in the time it takes to chase and camp ONE survivor for ONE hook status.


I am so tired of playing with other randoms. Is this game unplayable random at high rank? I don't understand why they never punish camping killers like they should. Even with the ability to signal the killer is camping. Randoms always end up not using the time right at all. I really don't get the reasoning for this?

Comments

  • So when you play high rank killers. People tend to use SWF to swing the advantage in their favor. If one of these guys camps the SWF team will punish.

    So punish Killers even more cause survivors suck?

    Maybe the ranking is just broken, i still see people at R1 trying to gentap through Ruin...

  • So when you play high rank killers. People tend to use SWF to swing the advantage in their favor. If one of these guys camps the SWF team will punish.

    You can easily do 3 gens alone during the time of camping.

    A survivor needs 80 seconds for a gen while it takes 120 seconds to die on hook.

  • I play solo survivor at high ranks. My iq on average is somewhere between 115-125 depending on the type of iq test I take. I score higher on pattern tests.

    i would argue that swf are dumb Bc I get grouped with them and literally see them making mistake after mistake with aftercare. Also I use stealth so I avoid the killer most of the match, and do gens.

    i watch them save each other at unidealistic times.


    Usually when im with another good random I can always spot them Bc they make progression, like I do and avoid the killer. Use counters.

    there’s also good teams I get put with and we all escape. Meaning they are all well timed and help towards progression.

    Usually it’s a member of a swf team that tries to farm me in front of the killer or near the killer. It’s like they’re not even watching where the killer goes off or how far off after.

    idk but my matches I usually 1.5-2 pip with a decentish team as a solo. Sometimes I’ll safety pip if I’m caught first, go into struggle first hook, and then I’m farmed. Those are rare though.

  • P.s. sorry you’re getting crappy randoms

  • Not EVERY random is as bad as you say.

  • Information is the most important thing in DbD. The game was built around a lack of it, hence all the perks that provide information. The SWF aren't smarter, they just have the complete picture. They know exactly where everything and everyone is at all times and know which perks they are running.

  • @ChesterTheMolester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/51466/i-want-to-know-why-randoms-of-any-rank-are-all-single-digit-iq

    So punish Killers even more cause survivors suck?

    Maybe the ranking is just broken, i still see people at R1 trying to gentap through Ruin...

    What do you mean? I am pointing out how all SWF would do this anyways. Yet when you play with randoms they almost never do this. Making the killer just standing next to the hook with likely NOED for later on...a totally good strategy when its the easiest one in the entire game to counter.

    The devs have to make it so the killers can counter high info SWF groups. Then you have randoms who play so bad that the game becomes extremely annoying if you're actually trying to play it solo.

  • I took Michael to rank one on the old ranking system because I learned that he is a great killer to camp with. And it worked best against SwF because they play the most altruistically.

    I used to play SwF a lot when I first got the game and there’s a lot of peer pressure to playing altruistically.

    They dont just do gens therefore.

    I loved playing SwF at red ranks because I would always smash them.

    in a year and a half of rank one killer gameplay.


    I specifically remember a match at haddonfield and asylum where the SwF committed to doing the gens and it was obvious to me the person on the hook said to his friends “just do the gens, forget about me”.

    99% of survivors are so ######### entitled that they cry to get saved. Instead of punishing the killer.

  • This mindless altruism occurs even in matches with SWF, because if survivors want to gain any bloodpoints they pretty much need to unhook people. Their farming perk is even built around it.