Whispers Nerf

Whispers are my core perk. The main reason why I use it is to help me find the last survivor and not wasting time (Some matches ends up being 20 minutes long because of them hiding and not going for the hatch)

games without running whispers 2/10 of my games are bound to have someone holding me hostage refusing the leave/ do gens

even if you know someone is in a 32 meter radius most of the time against exp survivors they can still hide from your line of sight making you waste a lot of time trying to find one survivor. I had many matches where I was unable to find the survivor within 32 meter and they did 1-2 gens

Making it a based on audio feedback is a big nerf, since the audio already hindered you somewhat with footsteps and breathing, making you harder to hear them with the constant whisper noise. This perk is absolutely mandatory especially in a 1vs1 stand-off

Comments

  • The other way to look at it is killer uses it to hold the game hostage by watching the hatch and or gens close enough to it. I've had killers literally move back and forth not really checking for anyone but scoping the area. Afterwards you see they were running whispers and only scoping in a limited area.

    On small maps or when the gens/hatch are close enough together the survivor is basically screwed because the killer is basically afking at that point. It only become sa standoff if you're not actively looking for them and instead just trying to basically no scope them.

  • @powerbats said:
    The other way to look at it is killer uses it to hold the game hostage by watching the hatch and or gens close enough to it. I've had killers literally move back and forth not really checking for anyone but scoping the area. Afterwards you see they were running whispers and only scoping in a limited area.

    >

    Why is this related to Whispers? It's an issue with the hatch.

    You don't even need whisper to do this, just stand next to the hatch and it's done. If a killer wants to do that they just need to go right next to the hatch and AFK, no whispers needed so it's unrelated

    Every match as Killer by the end game you would know where the hatch is. More often than not it's the survivor holding the killer's hostage, Every single time if there was a survivor next to the hatch I just let them go cuz it's a waste of time and there still no mechanics to counter this

    the devs said this is a thrilling experience but it's clearly not when there was someone holding you hostage

    Whispers allows the killer to go and chase survivors meaning they have a better chance to go for the hatch, why would anyone even think this is a bad idea? would you rather a killer stand right next to the hatch instead?

    Every survivor at Rank 1 already know where the hatch will spawn, and always after you kill the third survivor they will jump straight to the hatch

    But there are trolls that refused to leave and

  • @Someissues said:

    Why is this related to Whispers? It's an issue with the hatch.

    Because you complained about Whispers nerf being the problem in your very 1st post.

    But there are trolls that refused to leave and

    There's trolls at every level really and you go to the exit and hunt for them or just move as far away from the hatch as you can. They get no extra points once everything open/done and you getting frustrated just feeds that. The whisper nerf is fine since if there's only 1 person left you don't have to worry about running footsteps etc.

    You'll have 1 target and 1 target only, and that's the 1 person left. If you hear running footsteps well you'll know where to go. Hear the voice well you know you're looking in the right direction, if someone's not leaving after 5-10 mins and you're nowhere near the hatch in some corner report them. That's pretty simple and if they come near you to troll well now you have them a lot easier.

  • @powerbats said:

    You'll have 1 target and 1 target only, and that's the 1 person left. If you hear running footsteps well you'll know where to go. Hear the voice well you know you're looking in the right direction, if someone's not leaving after 5-10 mins and you're nowhere near the hatch in some corner report them.

    I heard from the stream they will add an ability for killers to close the hatch. If they did that I'm fine with the nerf, as i hate wasting time finding the last person alive and it's always 5-10 minutes long to just trying to find them or have a staring contest at the hatch

  • powerbats said:

    The other way to look at it is killer uses it to hold the game hostage by watching the hatch

    How is watching hatch holding the game hostage. It seems people just throw out that phrase like it's candy
  • @Aari_Piggy66 said:
    powerbats said:

    The other way to look at it is killer uses it to hold the game hostage by watching the hatch

    How is watching hatch holding the game hostage. It seems people just throw out that phrase like it's candy

    I threw that in there as a sarcastic measure but in essence that is what's happening because the killer isn't going after anyone. This is more of an issue when the gates are powered and or opened and so close to each other and the hatch. Biggest offenders are billy and Leatherface.

    The other times it's a problem is when there's 1-2 gens need to be done they're close together and the kill is on top of hatch close to said gens. I had a Huntress do that on Autohaven Wreckers. The hatch was in between 5 trees and a dead end of a rock. The gates were powered and were close to the hatch as well so she just stood on the hatch and kept turning, She had los to both gates as well so I had to try and move around.

    Post game she threatened to report me for holding the game hostage but she stood in the same spot for 10 mins while I had to try and stealth around her looking for the hatch and a way to open gates. I would've gladly taken the hatch but I knew she as just waiting for the grab. I was able to finally get a gate open and just barely be out her view.

    To me that's taking the game hostage because she had no intention of actually looking for me and given how good she'd been at downing ppl in chases had she found me it'd been over. But when she does nothing but stand in 1 spot never moving that's on her. If I basically did nothing but move back and forth in a small area then I'd be holding the game hostage.

  • @Someissues said:
    even if you know someone is in a 32 meter radius most of the time against exp survivors they can still hide from your line of sight making you waste a lot of time trying to find one survivor

    I wouldn't refer to them as experienced lol. Not if they're that scared.

    I've never really encountered that before, although I have heard it happens every now and then. Sounds pretty annoying.