How much does it take to open gates?
Title
Title
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
20 seconds I think it is
20 seconds yeah, unless you are effected by sth like remember me
20 base, about 13-15 with Leader, 50 with Remember Me, I believe 70-80 while under the affects of Freddies' sleep with Remember Me, and I'm not quite sure with Spine Chill, but I hope this helps. :)
It's 16 seconds. People think it's 20 seconds for some reason, but it's 16 seconds.
It says so here in this link, in the dev message at the bottom of the PTB section: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Patch_Notes_2.0.0#Public_Test_Build_2.0.0b
I always believed they were 20 sec base :/ good to know.
20 seconds base.
That was regarding end game changes, most specifically, closing the hatch by the killer.
It is 20 seconds, it was 15 seconds back in the day.
No, it was in reference to exit gate times. It wasn't a patch directly talking about it, but it still confirmed that it was in fact 16 seconds, specifically here:
"For the next iteration, when the killer chooses to close the hatch, we will complete all remaining generators, powering the exit gates. All end game perks will activate (ie: No One Escapes Death, Remember Me, Adrenaline, etc). The exit gates will NOT open automatically, and will still need to be interacted with by the survivor for 16 seconds in order to open the gate."