Conditional Moris
No offering. No Devour Hope.
If certain conditions are met, a survivor or survivors would be mori-able.
Example: X amount of gens done/powered the main gen('achievement gens'), all totems destroyed, all treasure chests looted, unique survivors hooked, a survivor with extremely high chase time but never been hooked, etc.
This would not be something easily available from the start of the match and more than one condition would have to be met.
This could also be map and terrain specific(ie: thrown head first off the boat in the swamp/having your skull crushed between the killer's foot and the exit gate/hatch). The animation could be triggered while the survivor is on the ground in a dying state, or while they are being carried. The killer would not have to drop the survivor to trigger the animation.
Also, if the last survivor is still on the hook struggling and no other survivors are left alive in the trial, the killer can mori them off the hook. The survivor would get the full point benefit as if they struggled to death.
Killers would get a UI notification when conditions were met. Conditions for a mori could only be met once per trial.
Thoughts?
Comments
I like the idea of map specific mori's.
It would be great if i could carry someone who is on their last hook to, like a corn thresher on the coldwind map, thrown off the top of the large boat on the swamp (head dive splat!) or maybe even being able to use your killers normal mori in the basement.
The thing with these moris is that, to be fair, will have to be area's you'll need to take your kill to. There should be a couple per map,and they can only be used if the survivor is on death hook. This would make the game more fun, while not giving the killer a markable advantage like a Mori normally would, since you have to bring the survivor to the kill, like a hook.
In fact, it might give the survivors an advantage, if the killer sticks around to watch the animation.
This is a good idea though. The best part of Friday the 13th the (failed) game, were the environmental kills.
What i would preffer is this:
Everything as it is now + whenever killer feels like it he can mori a survivor (hooked once or if he is last one) but it costs him 20k bloodpoints.
What it acomplishes? If you find toxic piece of nugget you can sacrifice your already accumulated points to get rid of this person. It will also not be spammed willy nilly due to high cost, just in those extreme situations.
If you took mori in game you don't pay extra of course.
I just hate bringing random mories. If I don't use it, it feels like a huge waste. If survivors in match are playing normally i just don't want to mori them.
I would actually like every killer to have their own specific basement mori.
I wanted the mori's to be situational/conditional, as i find green/ebony to be sort of unfair, as combo'd with Dying Light and other perks makes the game stupid hard. If the obsession plays like a derp then you're all boned because of one player. If they DC, you're all still screwed.
I could see that. 20k bloodpoints from their pregame total, instead of deducting from post game gains. Maybe throw in a few conditions, like... a survivor made you eat 5 pallets and blinded you 5 times.
"Click that flashlight at me one more god damn time and i'll stick it up your ass" - Hybrid Panda
I disagree with the conditions being anything other than proximity to a certain object or part of the map. Other than that, though, I like the idea.
I just don't want it to get abused because someone was intentionally tunneled off the hook. We already have that with the green/ebony mori offerings.
Or.. Or.. Maybe a meter? that builds up. Eat a pallet, get a %. Kick a pallet/gen, get a %. I'm a survivor main, and i feel like Survivors and Killers both don't have "enuff to do".
I'm not the guy gen rushing at the start, i'm the jerk breaking all your totems :D I dislike gen-simming games.
I also wouldn't mind seeing new Mori's in the store for all the killers. These days the size of a game isn't too crucial for a majority of players @ 20 gigs.
There's so much murder potential in DBD with objects on every single map. Don't even get me started on the Hatch.
I misunderstood, I thought this was just about adding new, contextual animations to the Memento Mori offerings.
In that case, this is a hard no from me. Removing a survivor from the trial outright is extremely powerful, even if the killer has to jump through many hoops to accomplish it.