Bad ping when playing survivor, good ping when playing killer.

Anyone else has that problem? When I play survivor, like 95% of the time I am paired with killers with yellow ping (100ms and more). However when I open a lobby as killer, litterally half of the survivors I get have green pings, alot with 50ms to 80ms, something I litterally never get when playing survivor myself.

Is it just me, or do others have that phenomen too? Or could there be a shortage of killers in my region, but alot of survivor? Or does the game simply display the latency differently for killers and survivors?

Comments

  • Not enough killers.

  • I'm from Europe and I have realized that from 8:00 PM and ahead (Spain) I get more yellow and red ping when playing survivor. I also realized that most of the yellow 150-200 ping killers are russians or from East Europe. I don't know why al the russians start to play around that hour infesting Europe with bad ping lobbies...

    An option for avoid getting in russian killer lobbies would be nice, I prefer spending more time finding a lobbie than dodging 5 lobbies in a row due the bad ping.

  • @IamFran said:

    I'm from Europe and I have realized that from 8:00 PM and ahead (Spain) I get more yellow and red ping when playing survivor. I also realized that most of the yellow 150-200 ping killers are russians or from East Europe. I don't know why al the russians start to play around that hour infesting Europe with bad ping lobbies...

    An option for avoid getting in russian killer lobbies would be nice, I prefer spending more time finding a lobbie than dodging 5 lobbies in a row due the bad ping.

    My thoughts exactly. There should be an option for maximum ping you wanna be in. I too would take the longer loading screen over the tedious lobby dodging. But I suppose with Peer-to-peer that would be difficult to implement (maybe once dedicated severs are out?).

  • Anyone else has that problem? When I play survivor, like 95% of the time I am paired with killers with yellow ping (100ms and more).

    Yes!

  • I'm having the same problem except it's when I play both Killer and Survivor. I keep on getting red ping matches ever since I came back from the PTB.

  • I'm having the same problem except it's when I play both Killer and Survivor. I keep on getting red ping matches ever since I came back from the PTB.

  • Normally my matches are decent but hoo boy I had several Survivors in one match lag like Hell, at times seemed like lagswitching...but difficult to say which it was. Made sure the lagging Survivor died tho