Anyone else getting high ping?

Before and while in the PTB, my ping was fine but now coming back from the PTB I seem to just be getting 600+ ms which I usually never get. Is this me or is there something up with the game?

Comments

  • Are you playing killer or survivor? What region are you in?

  • I think something is up with the game. I did not play the PTB but i keep getting survivors in my lobbies from Asia. Japan, Korea, etc. A few weeks ago i kept getting Europeans and people from Africa. Its absolutely broke because the ping is so high. I am in the US so i usually get other Americans and Canadians.

  • @Orion said:

    Are you playing killer or survivor? What region are you in?

    I'm playing both and I'm in the U.S.

    @SadonicShadow said:

    I think something is up with the game. I did not play the PTB but i keep getting survivors in my lobbies from Asia. Japan, Korea, etc. A few weeks ago i kept getting Europeans and people from Africa. Its absolutely broke because the ping is so high. I am in the US so i usually get other Americans and Canadians.

    I keep getting them too, mainly it's people from the US but I've been getting a lot of people from Europe.

  • Yeah I have been experiencing weird stuff after coming back from the PTB. Unlike OP, I actually have good ping, but the problem is that I am being matched from people in Russia and China (im from US). Also I got a EAC error the first post PTB lobby I entered saying that one of the files had been altered and I had to verify files. So yeah becareful when you come back from PTB because it just messes up with everything for a bit. My advice would be to enter a lobby, back out and then verify files + restart Steam and I would assume everything would go back to normal.