Survivors refusing to leave after exit gates are open

I legitimately can't wrap my head around the pettiness that consumes the playerbase of this game sometimes. I just played a killer game against 4 swf - one of them last second switched in the lobby, there was a bunch of flashlight spamming, hook swarming, the usual business.

I only managed to kill 1, the other 2 left which is fine but one Claudette would NOT leave. I literally patrolled the map for 10 or more minutes and this survivor just sat at the exit gate the entire time refusing to leave until I'd seen her run out with a teabag. Just, why? Why bother? All they did was waste my time, and theirs. I'm not a big fan of going to exit gates after they've been opened simply because I know I'm just going to get taunted and it's immature stuff like this that makes me not want to play killer at all. It's just so petty, I don't understand it. I've got 10 minutes worth of footage of this person just sitting at the exit gates.

Just curious - How do you react when stuff like this happens in your games?

Comments

  • When someone says the survivor refuses to leave, for the most part I tend to interrupt that as not being able to find a survivor and down them as a killer when they are giving you more time do to do.

  • @xmenfanatic said:

    When someone says the survivor refuses to leave, for the most part I tend to interrupt that as not being able to find a survivor and down them as a killer when they are giving you more time do to do.

    Have you ever tried to find p3 claudette with iron will and premonition holding the game hostage?


  • @Eveline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/365230#Comment_365230

    Have you ever tried to find p3 claudette with iron will and premonition holding the game hostage?

    interpret* not interrupt, oops.

    I've played killer many times, and I don't often look at their perks after a game. So maybe not, or maybe so. That doesn't change the fact that they would be just as difficult to find during the game as during end game.

    When I do play killer I personally view this scenario as a chance to find the survivor and hook them. I have had people "hold the game hostage" and don't really feel like that is the case. I just keep playing. Longest I've been in a game at end game was about 20 minutes.

    But I also understand that the computer community is more toxic then the PS4 community.

  • During a game they have to do gens, save teammates etc. You know where to look. When there is nothing to do they can hide forever wherever.

  • @Eveline said:

    During a game they have to do gens, save teammates etc. You know where to look. When there is nothing to do they can hide forever wherever.

    Correct. Searching takes longer. Sometimes perks like Whispers help. Not that you need it, but there are perks that can also give you the chance to get that extra end game hook. I think you and I just view this circumstance differently. People are bound to have different opinions or feelings about scenarios we deal with in game.

  • @xmenfanatic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/365326#Comment_365326

    Correct. Searching takes longer. Sometimes perks like Whispers help. Not that you need it, but there are perks that can also give you the chance to get that extra end game hook. I think you and I just view this circumstance differently. People are bound to have different opinions or feelings about scenarios we deal with in game.

    So you want me to equip a perk in case somebody decides to hold the game hostage?

1 2 ›