Killer lobby dodging
Starting to do my nut in now...ten lobbies have been dodged, I only wanted a quick game before bed. The short cooldown for requeue is not good enough
Starting to do my nut in now...ten lobbies have been dodged, I only wanted a quick game before bed. The short cooldown for requeue is not good enough
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Pretty much what @RemoveSWF said. Blame it on the toxic bastards that use the last second switch exploit to try and get a one up on the killer. I always dodge once the timer gets to the 10 second mark and everyone has not readied up. Punishing the dodging wont make it go away it will just make the killers play another game and then there wont be any lobbies at all.
Well I play both killer and survivor and I am yet to see a reason why killers dodge the lobbies I'm in.
However I get the reasons why but for normal survivors like myself, its a pain in the ass. I am none of the above RemoveSWF stated so
And this isnt another crybaby killer did this , SWF survivors do that post so dont turn it into that. But you join a lobby and just because you expect X and Y to happen you just leave. Just think its assennine and I think its a pain in the ass when survivors leave too. Think both killers and survivors mains just all need to grow up a little bit.
Honestly, I don't even dodge a 4 men SWF. I've played long enough now to know how to counter them.
I don't dodge when 3 people have a flashlight. Actually, you can have the funniest game with them: when you down one, fake picking him up, and be careful about the sounds: 99% of the time, you'll hear their footsteps. It's most of the time one free hit, and sometimes, it can even be one free down man.
I do dodge people who have legacy skins. I don't want to be outplayed by people who've been playing for way longer than me.
I also dodge 3 or 4 toolboxes. Gen rush or sabo matches are annoying as hell.
I also dodge people who spam the "ready" button. People who do that are often toxic in game.
That's all about me.
Great response - instead of whining about stuff you just got better lol +1
Are you playing SWF?
Do you use items?
Is your ping fine?
Did you ready up before 15 sec mark?
Full prestige outfit in low rank?
Just try to provide a fun game for the killer and we wont dodge you (it wastes his time too)
Reasons to dodge:
… did I forgot anything?
Jesus Christ - please excuse my blasphemy but really? this is how you guys play and assess every lobby ! That's pretty depressing. I do think killers get a hard time sometimes but being like this is only making ######### worse surely?
Usually i don´t dodge.
I get rewarded with last second switchers that disconnect on the first down.
If you find lobby dodgers annoying, just play killer yourself.
I play both as stated previously
I think this is pretty accurate - I mean I put on a flashlight sometimes just because I expect to die and don't care if I lose it (not a big FL fan) - All im seeing is that people are super judgemental and its disappointing to say the least
I feel your frustration, but you have to understand that all these reasons have surfaced because when Killers ignore these "FLAGS" matches turn into "crap fests" where they have little to no fun, and if a game is not fun, why are we playing it at all?
We dodge because the alternative is to not play at all. So you decide, is it worth having Killers to play against or not?
but then it comes right back that I see certain killers and I think ah man (Doc etc) and be like man this game gonna be ######### and annoying as fk, but I stay and play because its a challenge. I don't quit out, imagine if survivors knew the killer before hand? We'd end up with even more drops than the killer ones. Two wrongs don't make a right and at the end of the day these so called "flags" arnt always accurate.
So to play a game (how I want I have to adhere to certain rules implemented by another player or we don't play)
I have a low rank and 3 T3 Prestige characters, I have played the game a lot but play with low level players and just have fun, I'm not a try hard by any means - but you lobby dodging is ruining the game for me.
Absolute Tosh - sorry but no this is just rediculous
I blame grief survivors and grief killers - in fact just Greif players who make the game unenjoyable. This stupid killer survivor back and forth is bloody tiresome
Since the patch, I have never seen a lobby with less than 3 items. (Usually BNPs/Insta-med)
No wonder more people are dodging. I understand people are feeling less confident due to the pallet nerf, but this kind of reaction is laughable.
Well, then play more until you stop complaining.
I rarely get dodged. I have an open profile with over 800 hours. I really don´t see the issue.
I get a lot of BNP lately.
Gen times are already ridiculous short. But with BNP its just... meh
I personally play solo survivor, usually with no items or any map.
I get dodged, maybe, 1 game out of 5 or so. (Very likely due to teammates bringing 3 toolboxes)
Go figure.
it's ridiculous isn't it - you can only play the games on the terms of the killer if they aint happy it aint happening
I block people (on Xbox) that are toxic or give me some other reason to not want to play with them. If they show up in my lobby I reset. That's about it for me.
I also don't understand why killers dodge some lobbies. Sometimes it's because 1 person has a flashlight, the rest don't even have an item. Like really, can't handle 1 flashlight?
What the game needs to do is only allow survivors 40 seconds to pick stuff and ready up, then give killer 20 seconds to adjust their build. As a killer I get really annoyed when everyone is ready but 1 guy, they don't even last minute switch or anything just waste everyone else's time.
on average i'll play a few hours a night, some nights i'll prob get around 4 games due to people dropping. But wait...that's now my fault I forgot
It's not ridiculous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0P39oh3AAA
Killers do not want to play vs full BNP (I wanna play more than 4mins, thanks.), or being flashed whole game, or people abusing this exploit over and over :
(and yes, this is an exploit, I asked the devs, it's a bug exploit to them)
Sorry but I have never experienced this exploit in any game ive played and I have been playing since beta. most of the people I play with never use BNP because they want to save it for a rainy day
I do experience it nearly everytime I play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzYlwXy1DZI
Not every round, for sure, but once per day ? Very likely.
I usually play super high ranks tho, like insta-rank up as the reset go on, so I play against actual legacy players that can do stuff.
I rarely dodge at this point, the qualifications for me dodging are too many toolboxes (Everybody gets 10k points because gen speeds), Ochido fanboys (out to ruin my day so I don't give them a lobby). I can certainly understand why people go out and dodge legacy or people with a lot of hours as killer considering the balance of the game but in my eyes if I only play fair games i'll never get better. I have to play with better players so eventually I can destroy their swf team. Sorry you keep getting dodged though, kyf is always an option if it gets that bad.
I think that is the right attitude to have ! and kudos for you buddy
I'll keep plugging away - just sometimes its so frustrating when you just want to get a few quick games in.
In MLGA's hayday, that is exactly what survivors did, they blacklisted Nurse players and anyone who roflstomped them.
The only difference is that when Killers just accept any game that is loaded up, more then half the time, the games turns out to be crap and unfun. So eventually Killers are faced with the option to quit or be selective.
And when they are selective, no they are not 100% accurate. But we'd rather side on the side of a good game then the possibility of a crap game.
When ######### becomes so bad that I cant find a lobby anymore that I wouldnt dodge, then I switch to survivor/play other games. In the current state of the game there is no point in starting some games....
I'd just like to say, that NOT EVERY SWF is going to be toxic. For example, I prefer to play DBD with my two other siblings because if I play alone, it gives me anxiety. Then there is the daily rituals, how are we supposed to complete them if killers won't let us do so? If we aren't allowed to complete them, then why bother having the rituals in the first place?
Yup. Ignore the flags and you get a 4 man voice com swf who do not do gens and want to troll the killer squad.
EVERYTIME i ignore my own rules i get screwed by te most toxic squad imaginable. Screw that.
Screw that. Id rather play lobby simulator and filter out:
Too many flahslights
obvious SWF crew
SWF crew that think they are hiding it - yet always leave marks on their profiles
SWF crew that are not befriended but left comments on each others profile. Meaning they know each other but are trying to hide the fact by not befriending themselves. This makes it look like they are 4 solo's. I am not stupid.
People that have DC on me before. I keep a list and its growing.
Bright flashy clothing in rank 20 in conjunction with a flashlight. You are not trying to hide and are trying to draw attention to yourself. Meaning you are not rank 20 but a smurf playing rank 20. To troll of course.
VAC bans -think i am goign to play with a cheater even if they are "reformed"?
I also make those crew i reject wait out 54 seconds. I make them wait the whole time and then reject. You want to waste my time? Fine, ill waste yours by making you wait and then leave.
Devs are not going to do a damn thing about cheaters in this game so this is my way of dealign with them.