Do you like your killers to be simple or complex?

Simple = Trapper, Hag, etc

Complex = Spirit, Plague, etc

Comments

  • In the middle, I can think of Myers for one. His power is just stalking based off of distance. The weakness is kind of offset by the smaller terror radius and when he finally gets tier 3 it is rewarding with what it gives for that short time.

  • I prefer simplicity.

    You can build tons of fun Add-ons on that.

  • I agree with @Boss

    Simple powers usually can make for some fun and creative add-ons.

    But as long as a killer is fun to play I don't really care about simple or complex. But I lean more towards simple

  • Complex.

    Mainly because I'm just in love with Spirit.

  • What do you mean by "complex"? As in tactical so one must think of a strategy on how and when to use the ability rather than just charging a chainsaw at point blank range?

  • @Yamaoka

    Killers that need practice and time in order to play them fully to their potential is what I mean by complex.

  • I like the more complex killers, but when I just want points I play simple killers like Legion or Trapper.

  • @Gamzello said:

    @Yamaoka

    Killers that need practice and time in order to play them fully to their potential is what I mean by complex.

    Well, the first killer I mained was Huntress who requires some persistence to play efficiently (especially on console due to teleporting survivors). I enjoyed her the most because you WILL miss most of the time when you start playing her with a trash controller and like 0 fps (lol) but everytime a BBQ throw hits or even downs a survivor across the map it makes you burst into laughter.


    I guess I prefer complex killers in that regard.

  • Complex, I really enjoy lots of room to create my own play style with the Killer but if they're too simple, like Clown, then it's just straightforward.

    Trapper is a simple Killer BUT he is a strategic Killer that relies on route prediction and herding so he isn't as simple as Leatherface.

  • I prefer them to be fun.

  • I don't care about complexity. I care about depth which is more to do with simple actions that have complex implications rather than inherently complex actions

  • As long as they are fun to play. I’m more drawn to complex (Spirit, Huntress, Plague) but I do also like some simple ones like Wraith and Myers.

  • We've gotten a lot of complex Killers recently.

    Spirit, Plague, and Legion all have fairly obtuse base powers that only change when using one of a handful of add-ons (and even then not very much). As a result every Plague, Spirit, and Legion is virtually the same to face and play, with any variation coming primarily from the individual Killer player or their perks.

    I'd prefer more future Killers to be like Myers, Hag, or Wraith: their add-ons can actually change their power and it's purpose, rather than just giving them statistical increases. These Killers force Survivors to stay on their toes and give the Killer player multiple ways to play while still using the same Killer, because these Killers' powers can change from match to match.

  • A problem with complex killers is that... all their work and setting up pales in comparison to:

    -deformed boi just cuts people

    -strong woman just throw axe

    -best girl (literally) just warp places.

    Etc

    And theyre being more effective at killing survivors than zappy boi or just realeased pukey girl .

  • @Poweas said:

    Complex.

    Mainly because I'm just in love with Spirit.

    I like both since both can give you different levels of satisfaction but as a spirit main I love her. She takes skill and mind gaming is where it's all at, when you pull off that jumpscare it's priceless.

  • Less is More.

    There's a reason why some of the mechanically "simple" killers are the most effective. I don't deny that killers like the Spirit should exist, I think that killers that rely on a whole heap of status effects or "check list strategies" to be effective ain't gonna be as fun to play as.

  • I don’t know if I would agree that a Hag is a “simple” killer, nor the trapper. Yes, any nitwit with fingers can set a trap, but it takes a brain to set them where it will do the most good and not rely on plain ol luck (though it is helpful).

    That being said, I prefer complexity and planning. This is why I love the Hag. I have to decide where traps will have the maximum effect and drive survivors towards the places I have already rigged.

    There is nothing wrong with simple killers. Legion aside, most killers abilities require practice and knowledge to use to their true potentials.

  • Spirit, Hag, Michael Myers, Legion, Clown, Pig, Huntress and Freddy are the types of Killers I really enjoy via abilities, perks and overall design.


    Only ones I'm not a fan of are Billy and Trapper at higher Ranks. Doctor, Wraith and Leatherface I really enjoy but way too dependent on certain add-ons or Perks to really be fun for me.


    Nurse, since I play on console is kind of an anomly, since I love her design and perks but how she plays on console is very *sigh*