0 Terror Radius perks and killer powers... useless or underpowered?
In my early days playing this game I thought killers like The Shape, Wraith, and even The Pig when she was released were great killers due to the fact they could sneak up on Survivors...
Current Day me knows otherwise.
No doubt that 0 terror radius perks and powers are great in situational circumstances but most survivors have 360 degrees awareness of their surroundings and the only thing having 0 terror radius does is let you get close enough to get into a chase rather than the survivors hiding before you even get close.
Hell, in most cases you can't even get close since they see you coming from a mile away half the time! Even the Wraith with near invisibility is seen coming from a mile away in some maps.
The question I'm asking is this:
How do we fix this? 0 terror radius perks and powers are near useless in later ranks and we need SOMETHING to make this perk/power worthwhile to use again. I'm not asking for some OP buff that makes us entirely undetectable but something that will let us do what this perk/power was intended to do from its inception: Startle the hell out of survivors by catching them completely off guard.
To be clear: I'm not asking for something that will let me waltz up behind a survivor and stand there for like 5 seconds without them knowing I'm there but something that will make them panic and run with the thought: "Holy hell, where did they come from?!"
Comments
That's like saying Ruin is useless or under powered because some people can make great skill checks all the time. This is all very subjective. Some people position themselves and are simply more alert than others.
There are plenty of gen spots where visibility is severely limited and the 0 terror radius is very powerful, and other places that are more open (and also expose the survivor more) that nothing will sneak up on them unless they come from an angle the survivor isn't looking.
There is no real fixing this unless you can fix every survivor's skill level to be the same.
Line of sight is the problem, I'm an experienced stealth player but for this game it's only for Killer, I can get in close without them seeing me most of the time. The only thing better than a 0 TR is an actual perk/ability that grants REAL invisibility, and the only killer to have that is Freddy.
This new Dark Devotion perk could be amazing if the timer is decent, none of this 12 seconds like Tinkerer, i'm talking 45-60 seconds. You smack your Obsession and you have time to get close to Survivors without them looking around because they'll be listening for you and not pay attention. This will only work well for normal speed Killers who also don't make much sound so neither of the saw bros. There's a thread about Freddy and this perk and it could possibly be best used on him.
What!? Freddy would be TERRIBLE with this perk. He sees your aura when you are outside his terror radius and that perk ensures that this won't happen
I like m&a and dead rabbit on Myers to grab people of gens. I don't think it's useless tbh.
I think we should wait 'til Freddy can use it before we jump to conclusions.
Yeah, I use the Pig with Leg Braces, and usually, I can get a gen pull if they're not paying attention.
Listen, buddy, my Pig is not weak. She has feelings, let her be.
Yeah IF he can get enough people asleep at once.
Taking advantage of this perk requires letting the obsession get away so they can wake up. That just isn't worth it
Tinkerer insta-saw Billy
my favorite is a pair of hag add-ons.
Grandma's Heart: This removes your TR and puts it on the phantasm that spawns when your trap is set.
Rusty Shackles: This removes the phantasm, and gives survivors no indication they set off a trap.
This lets me teleport to traps and surprise attack people. It's great fun.
This perk could go from mediocre to great if it transferred everything to the survivor. Make that survivor set off peoples premonition. Make it work for their spine chill. I'd say you can already build up Diversion, since they did say "all effects that deal with the killers terror radius." So why not do this too? Make it actually a viable perk.