The Plague's Religion of Choice

So, here's the thing.

This is either going to be a fictional cult religion, maybe even one that worships the Entity. Unlikely though.

Or

It's going to be a defunct ancient religion.


BHVR's not going to use a living religion b/c that will cause a ######### show.

Comments

  • Yeah that's for sure.

    I don't even think they will use a defunct ancient religion. They most probably made up one for themselves and made it fit to the ancient times.

    Clothes do look like latin/greek though.

  • @Delfador said:

    Yeah that's for sure.

    I don't even think they will use a defunct ancient religion. They most probably made up one for themselves and made it fit to the ancient times.

    Clothes do look like latin/greek though.

    Even the Aesir gods are worshiped to this day. They definitely probably made it up.

  • Made up fictional religion the most likely contender.

    I hope the killer bio has juicy details, like doctrine, dogma, tenants, etc.,

    Imagine something of similar scope like the daevites, the sarkites, or the church of the broken god from the SCP universe!

  • I mean, i wouldn't mind them using any of todays religion, as someone who is also religious people think i would get offended if they put something related to Christianity or something in the game, and i say "Not really, because i know that's not what it stands for. "

    But i could see them avoiding the real religions that exist today to avoid conflict, I guess i could see this being a fictional religious cult that possibly worshiped The Entity or something.

  • @Detective_Jonathan said:

    I mean, i wouldn't mind them using any of todays religion, as someone who is also religious people think i would get offended if they put something related to Christianity or something in the game, and i say "Not really, because i know that's not what it stands for. "

    But i could see them avoiding the real religions that exist today to avoid conflict, I guess i could see this being a fictional religious cult that possibly worshiped The Entity or something.

    Businesses exist to make money. Risk creates the possibility to lose money. Thus, businesses avoid risk if they can.... Therefore, BHVR will not use a living religion.

  • So, here's the thing. This is either going to be a fictional cult religion, maybe even one that worships the Entity. Unlikely though.

    I doubt it'll be about a religion/Cult in-general. I believe it'll mostly be towards the killers ability on how she spreads disease and death with her plague. And what era shes in will make sense to why the plague is so powerful... Like for example say shes from when the Black plague began or something.

  • Black plague is small potatoes to the Spanish Flu.

  • I think she does worship the entity as her incense burner looks like it was modeled after the entity's claws/spikes. Devs did say in a stream that there are people who worship the entity I believe