Tbh tho, this is pretty "normal" for p2p multiplayer games, it's the same scenario when you wonder how you died around a corner in other shooter games.
But the thing about DbD is that the hitboxes are broken aswell, sometimes the survivor has an hitbox like an elephant, sometimes like a little peanut (from killers perspective) so I think dedicated servers will only partially solve the hitbox issue, the devs need to change something else aswell, especially around the time of vaults.
Tbh tho, this is pretty "normal" for p2p multiplayer games, it's the same scenario when you wonder how you died around a corner in other shooter games.
But the thing about DbD is that the hitboxes are broken aswell, sometimes the survivor has an hitbox like an elephant, sometimes like a little peanut (from killers perspective) so I think dedicated servers will only partially solve the hitbox issue, the devs need to change something else aswell, especially around the time of vaults.
I just hate the damn hitbox of Hatchets when trying to throw at Survivors ducking around loops, even tho their back or head stick out and you try to get a hit and it just takes a nose dive into the surrounding environment or hits invisible walls in the air.
I just hate the damn hitbox of Hatchets when trying to throw at Survivors ducking around loops, even tho their back or head stick out and you try to get a hit and it just takes a nose dive into the surrounding environment or hits invisible walls in the air.
Oh man I could tell you storys. Whenever I play survivor I can duck/juke hatches. Visually it shouldn't hit me, but it still does. And when I play huntress the hitboxes are not only perfect, but also go through the survivors (doesn't happen always, but often at vaults and slides).
Oh man I could tell you storys. Whenever I play survivor I can duck/juke hatches. Visually it shouldn't hit me, but it still does. And when I play huntress the hitboxes are not only perfect, but also go through the survivors (doesn't happen always, but often at vaults and slides).
It's inconsistent
I just remembered, there is actually an issue with hitboxes: survivor hitboxes do not match their character models. They're dome-shaped, so part of the model actually sticks out of the hitbox.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Pretty good hatchets so far. At least he has Ded'ard.
Dedicated servers can't come any faster can they?
Gosh I hope that fixes the problem.
Hitboxes are fine btw. It's just a latency issue btw.
Where the servers at?
It is a latency issue, as evidenced by the image. Hatchet goes one way on your screen, but on the killer's screen it's something completely different.
Doesn't matter. Servers are going to fix this regardless. Unless of course the hitboxes are ######### up.
This is about hatchets? I thought it was about the totem.
Might as well have big neon signs pointing towards it just in case the survivors somehow miss it.
What does OOF stand for?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f49ELvryhao
Tbh tho, this is pretty "normal" for p2p multiplayer games, it's the same scenario when you wonder how you died around a corner in other shooter games.
But the thing about DbD is that the hitboxes are broken aswell, sometimes the survivor has an hitbox like an elephant, sometimes like a little peanut (from killers perspective) so I think dedicated servers will only partially solve the hitbox issue, the devs need to change something else aswell, especially around the time of vaults.
I just hate the damn hitbox of Hatchets when trying to throw at Survivors ducking around loops, even tho their back or head stick out and you try to get a hit and it just takes a nose dive into the surrounding environment or hits invisible walls in the air.
Hatchets hitboxes are bullcrap. They don't make sense and are newbs-friendly.
It's almost definitely about the Hatchet because Tru3 immediately commented on the Hatchet collision when that happened.
Oh man I could tell you storys. Whenever I play survivor I can duck/juke hatches. Visually it shouldn't hit me, but it still does. And when I play huntress the hitboxes are not only perfect, but also go through the survivors (doesn't happen always, but often at vaults and slides).
It's inconsistent
I just remembered, there is actually an issue with hitboxes: survivor hitboxes do not match their character models. They're dome-shaped, so part of the model actually sticks out of the hitbox.
Dedicated servers will be the grave of huntress
wow thats pretty big-Idubbz