Rumble support on controllers to aid deaf or partly deaf players on console.
I was watching a stream and there was 2 guys who were partly deaf and they said it would really help them play the game.
I feel like a forum thread is a good way to bring this to your attention as I doubt this issue has been discussed much before.
Just an option in the menu to turn on vibration for hearing impaired would be suitable.
Vibration on terror radius, hook, whenever something relevant happens.
The 2 People with impaired hearing said in Twitch chat that they can never use hearing to find out what killer it is. They have to see them and obviously don't get any audio cues which ordinary players do get.
The dbd community should look after each other and help make the game as accessible to all.
Comments
This would be nice to see! Helping out those who need it in order to play the game would be amazing! I’m sure the Devs could really do this if it got more attention.
Hey devs over here *holds up flare whilst carving 'help' on the sandy beach*
@not_Queen
As long asyou can disable it, sure why not
I would love that! I have kind of bad hearing, and I think the rumbling would add to the tension of the game. Especially if it worked in sync with the reverse bear traps 😍
I agree that this would be a great feature to add.
I've taken the liberty to pass this on to the team for their consideration.
Thank you for raising the issue <3
I've been waiting for some type of gamma/brightness support for colorblind players for a long time. I play killer like a T-Rex, I have to watch for movement because many survivors blend into the map. Especially Claudettes with the cammo shirt. I ran third party colorblind software, but it hinks up the cheat detector. Had to disable that. If I could brighten the screen sometimes, it might help some.
Try playing this game in nearly black and white and see how well you do following scratches. :)
Oh yeah, the controller vibration is a really nice idea.
Maybe mixing it together with some visual signs would help them even more. For example red pumping corners which get more intense the closer the killer is (the loader the heartbeat is). Obviously you could turn it on or off in the settings. This would help players who are playing on mouse and keyboard instead with controller.
Actually you can bright up your screen if you are running Windows 10. There is a command where you can adjust the gamma value
This is actually a great idea. It could be used specifically to complement the Terror Radius for Survivors, since said part-/deaf people would have difficulty hearing it. But a controller vibration would be a good substitute.