Get rid of character switch buttons
Get rid of this useless feature...was loaded out on a Killer I main..and right at the ######### 03 mark my right trigger lightly grazed against my knee (I sit cross legged) and switched to a Killer I hardly play and just ruined everything.
I am beyond flustered..If I readied up I should be locked in unless I unready....######### I hate this "feature"
I am beyond flustered..If I readied up I should be locked in unless I unready....######### I hate this "feature"
Comments
As if there were no other problems they can address.... really a waste of time implementing such a feature, I dont get it
I'm usually able to not hit the button by mistake but this one instance threw off an entire match for me.... I can only imagine other players set it off a fair amount. It's an unneeded annoyance and it set off my BPD
In no other game have i ever had to treat the controller with such paranoia as I do in dbd. Lol
Didn't they say they are working on changing it?
And for some reason, as a killer I don't like survivors switching and switching and switching characters in the lobby. It messes up whatever loadout preparation you're planning.
Better to remove it than bother fixing or changing it, especially with the game’s spaghetti code. Trying to change this thing could probably cause pallets to cease existing for all we know, but since it’s one of the newest features it can’t be that bad just removing it.
I asked for this day one. The r2l2 character switch makes things worse not better. They help nothing and yet im guessing 95% of players accidentally switch characters or NOW have to be extra careful not to switch characters. Every time I set down my gd controller to do something is a gd event now.
Bye Felicia!
Listen bud, they actually don't want to use it. And it's not about liking or not, it's about bad button layouts.
I use an Xbox controller, it is WAY too easy to set the controller down wrong or accidently hit the buttons and screw your match up because now you're loading in with a perkless killer or something of that nature. The detriment FAR outweighs any benefit imo. Slightly more convenient for some people, but for lots of people it causes way more headache than it solves, considering what is "solves" was never a problem anyway.
Ok. Sorry but you people acting like youre the good guys by defending a “feature” are just being myopic idiots. Just open your eyes and be objective. What does it help vs what does it hurt? The benefit is pretty much zero. But it is ridiculously easy to trigger these buttons on a ps4 controller. Resting on your lap, setting it on any surface.... come on. Use your brain. It causes more harm than good. Get rid of it or ideally make it optional in a setting.
you must be joking. everybody i know that plays on ps4 changes characters at least once per lobby just by setting the controller down. also if you truly like this feature you must be the only one because everybody else hates it, so why should the developers keep a feature for all players if only one person likes it?
My issue is due to the long wait times I set my controller down. Ps4 controllers rest on the R2L2 buttons so the slightest bump activates it. In my opinion the reason this needs to be changed/the change needed is to have somewhere in the options that allows a player that does not want to use it to turn it off. Thankfully they are adding in the patch from my understanding that if you are ready the buttons will not change your character which is where a lot of the issues arise.
If I'm ready, it already doesnt let me switch again. So idk what the issue is here. Ready up, set your controller down. Or take your fingers of the triggers.