A suggested change to the "Birds"

Who thinks it could be a good quality of life change for survivors not to get birds on their heads if they are standing still in the killers terror radius? Theres been a few times where i will skillfully break line of sight with the killer and hide and they are viciously looking for me and if i move even an inch, i could give away my location. Only problem is, if the killer looks around for more than a minute, guess who comes to pay me a visit.....the damn bird. Now my whole cover is blown -__-. I totally understand if a survivor is afk across the map and not moving then they should be revealed, but if your in the killer TR it seems a bit unfair to those who run stealth builds. Thoughts?

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • Agreed. Although you should always try to stealthily move away when the killer turns his back on you. 
  • @Spirit_Hag said:
    Who thinks it could be a good quality of life change for survivors not to get birds on their heads if they are standing still in the killers terror radius? Theres been a few times where i will skillfully break line of sight with the killer and hide and they are viciously looking for me and if i move even an inch, i could give away my location. Only problem is, if the killer looks around for more than a minute, guess who comes to pay me a visit.....the damn bird. Now my whole cover is blown -__-. I totally understand if a survivor is afk across the map and not moving then they should be revealed, but if your in the killer TR it seems a bit unfair to those who run stealth builds. Thoughts?

    They would have to drastically decrease the bird spawn timer since a moving killer would constantly be putting you in/out of their TR. I wouldn't mind it being looked at but I feel this is a back burner topic.

  • The first bird appears after 60 seconds. If you can’t sneak your way away from a killer after a full minute, you are doing something very wrong.

    The Stillness crows are a way of punishing. Splaying for literally doing nothing.

    They’re fine.
  • You should be trying to get away from the killer. It's not hard to pick 1 spot in a 40m area and just sit there, not moving, to hide from a killer. It will take the killer a full minute to check every nook and cranny.

  • I don't know, in a situation like that, I would sprint out when you think the killer is far enough.
    Which map were you in and where were you hiding?

  • Crows are fine as they are. Survivors have enough time to get away from the killer before the crows appear.

  • yeah, this happens to me sometimes. But if you wiggle around a bit they wont pop up i think.

  • @SmokePotion said:
    yeah, this happens to me sometimes. But if you wiggle around a bit they wont pop up i think.

    Not sure, once I got crows, but Even if I try to run around, they would not go until I started up a generator.

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    @SmokePotion said:
    yeah, this happens to me sometimes. But if you wiggle around a bit they wont pop up i think.

    Not sure, once I got crows, but Even if I try to run around, they would not go until I started up a generator.

    Oh no, I meant, if you wiggle around while hiding from the killer, they wont show up to begin with. They show up if you stand perfectly still for an extended period

  • @SmokePotion said:

    @Ember_Hunter said:

    @SmokePotion said:
    yeah, this happens to me sometimes. But if you wiggle around a bit they wont pop up i think.

    Not sure, once I got crows, but Even if I try to run around, they would not go until I started up a generator.

    Oh no, I meant, if you wiggle around while hiding from the killer, they wont show up to begin with. They show up if you stand perfectly still for an extended period

    I did not know that. But then again, the guy above said that if he moved slightly.

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    @SmokePotion said:

    @Ember_Hunter said:

    @SmokePotion said:
    yeah, this happens to me sometimes. But if you wiggle around a bit they wont pop up i think.

    Not sure, once I got crows, but Even if I try to run around, they would not go until I started up a generator.

    Oh no, I meant, if you wiggle around while hiding from the killer, they wont show up to begin with. They show up if you stand perfectly still for an extended period

    I did not know that. But then again, the guy above said that if he moved slightly.

    Yeah, i kept getting birds when playing Lery's as a survivor (one of my fave maps, but sometimes you gotta hide in a dark corner for a couple tense moments)

    One day I watched TrueTalent and was like "why isn't he getting birds like i do on this map" and that's when i realized it's cause he, and most streamers, wiggle a bit, or tea bag, or otherwise put inputs in when they are giving the killer the old shinobi.

  • @SmokePotion said:

    @Ember_Hunter said:

    @SmokePotion said:

    @Ember_Hunter said:

    @SmokePotion said:
    yeah, this happens to me sometimes. But if you wiggle around a bit they wont pop up i think.

    Not sure, once I got crows, but Even if I try to run around, they would not go until I started up a generator.

    Oh no, I meant, if you wiggle around while hiding from the killer, they wont show up to begin with. They show up if you stand perfectly still for an extended period

    I did not know that. But then again, the guy above said that if he moved slightly.

    Yeah, i kept getting birds when playing Lery's as a survivor (one of my fave maps, but sometimes you gotta hide in a dark corner for a couple tense moments)

    One day I watched TrueTalent and was like "why isn't he getting birds like i do on this map" and that's when i realized it's cause he, and most streamers, wiggle a bit, or tea bag, or otherwise put inputs in when they area giving the killer the old shinobi.

    Well, if I knew that, I could have avoided certain death in one match a few weeks ago... XD

  • Just loop the killer lol why hide

  • This content has been removed.
  • @SmokePotion said:

    @Ember_Hunter said:

    @SmokePotion said:

    @Ember_Hunter said:

    @SmokePotion said:
    yeah, this happens to me sometimes. But if you wiggle around a bit they wont pop up i think.

    Not sure, once I got crows, but Even if I try to run around, they would not go until I started up a generator.

    Oh no, I meant, if you wiggle around while hiding from the killer, they wont show up to begin with. They show up if you stand perfectly still for an extended period

    I did not know that. But then again, the guy above said that if he moved slightly.

    Yeah, i kept getting birds when playing Lery's as a survivor (one of my fave maps, but sometimes you gotta hide in a dark corner for a couple tense moments)

    One day I watched TrueTalent and was like "why isn't he getting birds like i do on this map" and that's when i realized it's cause he, and most streamers, wiggle a bit, or tea bag, or otherwise put inputs in when they are giving the killer the old shinobi.

    > Yeah, i kept getting birds when playing Lery's

    > sometimes you gotta hide in a dark corner for a couple tense moments

    If by "a couple of tense moments" you mean "a couple of minutes", then sure. Birds only appear after 60 seconds of standing completely still iirc.

  • That'd give Whispers a lil nerf.

    Idc, just putting that out there...