How bad is the cheating problem in this game?

I've played this game for a couple months and I've encountered a few pretty suspicious cases of players cheating/hacking. Granted I'm not extremely knowledgeable about the game, so I might be wrong. But still, there've been cases where the killer has no aura perks whatsoever and yet is able to make a beeline towards hiding survivors from quite a distance away and with no line of sight. A quick Google search revealed that cheating is indeed a thing here (as with many other online games). There're even Youtube videos that blatantly show off some of the cheats. So I wonder how serious a problem is this and whether actions are taken against cheaters. I understand some companies swing the ban hammer really hardly while others adopt a more laissez faire attitude towards cheaters.

Comments

  • I only very rarely see cheaters. As in, maybe a handful in almost 2000 hours.

    It gets worse on Free-weekends but besides those it's usually mostly cheater-free.

  • I've personally never encountered true cheating, like speed- or wallhacks.
    It happens occasionally that killers decide to start downloading porn when their game start, so games become unbearable but they're far enough in-between to not be a problem.

    Edit: I got almost 800 hours.

  • @se05239 said:
    I've personally never encountered true cheating, like speed- or wallhacks.
    It happens occasionally that killers decide to start downloading porn when their game start, so games become unbearable but they're far enough in-between to not be a problem.

    Edit: I got almost 800 hours.

    You wouldn't know how many times I've been called a lag switcher cause my garbage 7mb internet hiccups in games. That what happens when you don't live close to the street and far off into the woods.

  • Only really seen some very suspect nurses. Hide in a locker from bbq yet they instant teleport there and open it.
  • No but I do encounter a lot of lag 
  • The last cheater I encountered was early 2018. It's the least problem the game has right now
  • @Cressy said:
    I've played this game for a couple months and I've encountered a few pretty suspicious cases of players cheating/hacking. Granted I'm not extremely knowledgeable about the game, so I might be wrong. But still, there've been cases where the killer has no aura perks whatsoever and yet is able to make a beeline towards hiding survivors from quite a distance away and with no line of sight. A quick Google search revealed that cheating is indeed a thing here (as with many other online games). There're even Youtube videos that blatantly show off some of the cheats. So I wonder how serious a problem is this and whether actions are taken against cheaters. I understand some companies swing the ban hammer really hardly while others adopt a more laissez faire attitude towards cheaters.

    I found in almot 500hrs just once a speedhacker,not a big issue

  • 2000 hours and I've met 1 speed HACKER is really all besides maybe 1 lagswitcher (mighta been ######### internet though)
  • Ive heard that wallhacks is a thing again
  • Seems to be pretty bad especially since people can openly admit to doing it, posting vids of themselves doing it, while simultaneously calling the devs ######### in those vids.

  • It's not bad at all i've never ran into one.

  • @Slayer said:
    Ive heard that wallhacks is a thing again

    It is again, it goes in waves after the latest version gets detected a new one comes out until it gets detected but with video's providing evidence most of the idiots get caught really quickly.

    I've seen and recorded 2 definitive speed hackers, tons of lag switchers, around 30-50 wall hackers some pretty obvious and others more subtle.

  • There are almost no games which ACTUALLY have a significant percentage of cheaters

  • @NuclearBurrito said:
    There are almost no games which ACTUALLY have a significant percentage of cheaters

    Well there's the absolute cheaters aka speed hackers, wall hackers, esp hackers etc types which are pretty rare.

    Then there's the lesser cheaters like lag switchers which are actually more common and in a larger % of overall games compared to the hardcore cheaters.

    So your claim is actually false since some games have a high % of cheaters in them both the ones that it's known everyone or mostly everyone is cheating. Then there's the ones where it's known that some in there are always cheating or attempting to.

  • I have over 2k hours and have only encoutered 2 speed hackers so far, game is fine as it is.

  • There isn't really cheating very often from what I've encountered, just exploits. I've grown particularly tired of 4 man SWFs where one person has decisive, an instaheal, adrenaline, and OoE to basically be an untouchable UAV the whole game for their team. Stuff like that is kinda hard to not call cheating, but its not actual wallhacks so its fair game I guess.

  • i have seen a total of one cheater until today (a jake with 115% mms who would do nothing but running around the same rock and i could not catch up to him).
    a few lagswitchers, but thats it...

  • Cressy said:

    I've played this game for a couple months and I've encountered a few pretty suspicious cases of players cheating/hacking. Granted I'm not extremely knowledgeable about the game, so I might be wrong. But still, there've been cases where the killer has no aura perks whatsoever and yet is able to make a beeline towards hiding survivors from quite a distance away and with no line of sight. A quick Google search revealed that cheating is indeed a thing here (as with many other online games). There're even Youtube videos that blatantly show off some of the cheats. So I wonder how serious a problem is this and whether actions are taken against cheaters. I understand some companies swing the ban hammer really hardly while others adopt a more laissez faire attitude towards cheaters.

    On PS4 I’ve never encountered it..
    PC earlier days I had lagswitchers
    people with a recall cheat 
    speed hackers, but not so much these days can’t actually remember the last time TBH
  • I didn't see a single cheater for a while... I guess the EAC is pretty good now?

  • Cheating in this game is very limited as there aren't too many cheat providers that are actually safe to use. There was a pretty large one that had a ban wave around last year so not many people use it anymore. Also, with the games 3 account rule, not too many people risk it as you could just completely lose the game. A lot of people change the save file and cheat in bloodpoints more than actual like ESP and such. There's a pretty large community on MPGH that cheats and such.

  • The thing is, most cheaters are smart. They don't use 200% movement speed and make it obvious. They make subtle wallhack cheats for example, so it's hard for you to tell if he actually is cheating, saw you or was just lucky finding you. 
    I have no clue how high the dark number of those smart cheaters is, but I think it's way higher than we all expect 
  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:
    The thing is, most cheaters are smart. They don't use 200% movement speed and make it obvious. They make subtle wallhack cheats for example, so it's hard for you to tell if he actually is cheating, saw you or was just lucky finding you. 
    I have no clue how high the dark number of those smart cheaters is, but I think it's way higher than we all expect 

    The smart ones are the tricker ones to catch for sure but it makes actually catching them all the more warding.

  • Plenty of YouTube videos and such to account for cheating being a thing in Dead by Daylight.

    However, I haven't encountered any type of obvious cheating myself. Not that it doesn't exist, we all know it does, but not having come across anything apparent might make it evident it isn't very frequent.

    That's for the individual to decide.

  • All I've seen in my 2100 hours is 2-3 obvious lagswitchers. Now of course there may be cheaters who are discreet about it, but I really don't think it's the greatest problem this game has.