I hated The Doctor's jumpscare imagery BS whenever your Madness level increases or you fail a Snap Out Of It check the first handful of times I encountered the Doctor. Lately I've been desensitized to it tho.
Hag and Michael. Hag because, well, shes meant for jumpscares, she literally pops out of the ######### ground. And Michael because the quiet bastard could literally be right around a corner and you would never know.
Doctor made me cry, so definitely him the first time, every other time, not so much.
I found the wraith terrifying as well, until I realised you could see him if he went invisible.
When I was new to dbd the hag's traps made me jump occasionally. I had a serious shoulder injury when it happened the first time so that "jump" really hurt as hell.
Back in december 2016, My first match was against Michael, I was so in panic, that I have to close immediately the game XD And month later I was playing normally.
Wraith, Myers was a close second. for some reason i had numerous games only in the Coldwind maps and it was always against Wraith. ish was terrifying...and the bell in the distance would freak me out even more
I remember my first match with hag I got told by a friend crouch as much as possible but he didn't say why. I walked right over a trap and started a gen got the hag phantasm jumping up I cacked myself but repaired the gen still next second she is yanking me off the gen and my friend is like I told you.
@Rex_Huin said:
Wraith for sure. I would hide in a bush intently listening for the bell trying to work out if he was invisible or not
You're better off listening for his stomping feet. Even though Wraith is slightly harder to see than other killers while invisible his footsteps remain just as loud.
I was less than 100 hours into the game. Spawned into Grim Pantry, next to the Killer Shack, with another Survivor, and slowly approached.
As soon as I got into the doorway, a crouching Pig appears in the bottom corner of my screen, around the outside, as I'm standing just beside the doorway.
I shat myself so hard, I just disconnected and needed to take five to chill after nearly passing out from terror.
I saw a jiggy box so I knew it was Pig already, but I didn't expect her to be right next to me. Didn't even hear any breathing or rustling grass, I originally thought she was the other Survivor who spawned next to me before my brain processed the Pig mask and I heard the roar and got stabbed. Was always scared of the Pig.
Bar that, I got hit by a Scratched Mirror Myers in The Game once, and that scared the hell out of me too.
Basically any silent/stealth Killer, still scares me to this day.
Also, Trapper and Hag. I HATE Trapper and Hag.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Hag and Michael. Hag because, well, shes meant for jumpscares, she literally pops out of the ######### ground. And Michael because the quiet bastard could literally be right around a corner and you would never know.
Pig and spirit with prayer beads
Wraith and Trapper. Myers as well... he still irks me lol
Doctor made me cry, so definitely him the first time, every other time, not so much.
I found the wraith terrifying as well, until I realised you could see him if he went invisible.
Trapper he just looked menacing and if you were caught you were dead when he could trap right under the hook as they rarely left the area.
Generally I find Myers most scary but at the same time I kinda like him too lol.
Hillbilly always has and probably will.
Wraith undoubtedly.
Doctor. Creepy mo'fugga, also all those illusions all over the place.
Now, he's almost comical.
Michael. I had no idea how the mechanics worked and hearing him breathe while staring freaked me out.
Trapper. I mean, there was only three choices back then and them traps really made me jump.
I was really scared of trapper traps.
Back in december 2016, My first match was against Michael, I was so in panic, that I have to close immediately the game XD And month later I was playing normally.
The same killer that still scares me the most now; Michael Myers.
Wraith, Myers was a close second. for some reason i had numerous games only in the Coldwind maps and it was always against Wraith. ish was terrifying...and the bell in the distance would freak me out even more
Hate Hag but Wraith was worst. As a brand new player I relied on the Terror Radius, and without that I didn't know what to do when he caught me.
You're better off listening for his stomping feet. Even though Wraith is slightly harder to see than other killers while invisible his footsteps remain just as loud.
Just use the power of the initial Billy meme to banish your fear!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbuXJvvjBi4
I was less than 100 hours into the game. Spawned into Grim Pantry, next to the Killer Shack, with another Survivor, and slowly approached.
As soon as I got into the doorway, a crouching Pig appears in the bottom corner of my screen, around the outside, as I'm standing just beside the doorway.
I shat myself so hard, I just disconnected and needed to take five to chill after nearly passing out from terror.
I saw a jiggy box so I knew it was Pig already, but I didn't expect her to be right next to me. Didn't even hear any breathing or rustling grass, I originally thought she was the other Survivor who spawned next to me before my brain processed the Pig mask and I heard the roar and got stabbed. Was always scared of the Pig.
Bar that, I got hit by a Scratched Mirror Myers in The Game once, and that scared the hell out of me too.
Basically any silent/stealth Killer, still scares me to this day.
Also, Trapper and Hag. I HATE Trapper and Hag.