Dead by Daylight... Devs... Mods... Admins... Managers... Why..?
I have returned to the Dead by Daylight Forums after hearing the most recent news of it getting deleted forever. (By @PaulieEsther )
I joined these forums in September of 2018. Literally 8 Years ago. I have had many debates with other users. Heated or not. I have seen many bans before the alleged obsessive ban waves ridiculing these very forums. I've seen the downfall and the rise of the Game, Forums, Devs, and people responsible to respond to such out cry.
I've seen Buggy releases (Twins & TWD), I have seen Hated patches from Live and PTB (Myers Rework, Freddy Rework, etc.) I have even seen ENTIRE Licenses get revoked and not renewed (Stranger Things, & Halloween). I have even seen when the Forums were raided by random people trying to grief our community and shove hate down our throats.
I've seen it all. Yet, one thing for certain. People who love the game come to the forums not for hate, but to show how much they care based on feedback and how they feel about certain actions. You don't even see that on /r/DeadByDaylight.
I've even met @PaulieEsther through this game, The King, Odtzdarva, etc. and they helped build this community and helped it grow and now hearing this feels like it's getting tarnished.
By deleting my 8 years or for every other person: 10 years of history, who has been with you throughout your struggles and your successes. That not only defeats your purpose of keeping your community alive, but it also kills any community you will gain in the future.
Some people refuse to read patch notes on Reddit. They love how they are structured on the Forums. Some people come to the Forums as a way to report bugs, some come to the forums to provide feedback, some come to the forums for updates or news about the game they love, and some people come on the forums to ultimately give BHVR a reality check.
For a company who says they care about the community, getting rid of the only way those people can give the devs a reality check, feedback, bug reports, is the OPPOSITE of caring about the community, worse than Blizzard ENT.
So I will pose this question: Why delete the forums? Why Delete 10+ Years of history? Why delete your fanbase? Why just why disband your community? If you truly cared about us, cared about your game, cared about your trustworthiness, your communication capabilities, or just cared in general… why would you do this?
for those at BHVR I would strongly urge you all to reconsider.
For all the Community out there: @Micheal_Myers has heard you. I will speak for you. For I care about you all, and about all of our history we have made on these forums.
—Myers
Comments
Well said. It's a travesty that they've just suddebyl decided to remove such a dedicated part of the community. I doubt anything will be changed, I doubt any of the feedback on this forum closure will ever reach the ears/eyes of anyone who nade the decision. They've shown very well how little they listen to us.
BHVR has done it. They provoked the wrath of myers himself.
I am pretty sure that none of the mods, devs and managers want to close the forums. I think its a decision made by some higher-up, who is so focused on the "success of the business" and "the biggest margin possible", that it barely holds onto their humanity.
We all see it daily. Forests burn, our oceans get polluted and heated up beyond measure and strong natural disasters occur exponentially more often.
The reason is the same. Human greed.
Yeah unfortunately money always decide.