I will miss yall

I've only been a part of these forums for a short time but I can truthfully say that I will miss this place.

Where else could we as a community - or individuals - have conversations in our own threads? In the discord - its absurd chaos, the reddit is full of lurkers that dont comment as much, the steam community… lets be real…. noone checks those.

This may be a farewell….. I dont plan on quitting dbd but losing the community is sad😫

Comments

  • Its kinda like a mini taste of what the death of dbd will feel like.

  • I'll miss most people here too. Apart from a few bad apples, conversations were much more stable and civil here than in other social platforms.

    Discord isn't meant for large-scale discussion like that, and it's even harder to moderate, and getting doxxed on Discord over disagreements is already a thing known to happen.

    Reddit is a toxic cesspool of trolls and spam, basically no conversations last more than a few replies before veering completely off-topic. Not to mention the fact that relevant topics and feedback get buried by spam and complain-threads in record time.

    Steam forums is a nothing-burger that doesn't have a lot of consistent and dedicated users. It's not as toxic as Reddit (it's hard to be) but there won't be known figures and "forum events" that stay remembered for long.

    I won't create accounts just to move to platforms that I won't want to use for anything else, I guess that like many others, it's the last place I'll interact with the community outside of the game

  • I’ve taken so many breaks from DBD lately. No matter if I was playing the game at the moment id always check on the forums. Seeing what’s going on, looking at other people engaging. Killing off the forums like this feels like losing a part of the game. I was already struggling playing the game often and now it feels even less appealing. All the time I’ve spent learning and listening on here, voicing concerns or swapping ideas of solutions with people now totally rendered pointless. Feels like silencing :/

  • @ShanoaLegendaryPlz said:

    Its kinda like a mini taste of what the death of dbd will feel like.

    idk, at this point I think it's been a long time coming… DBD has no consistent competitor and BHVR has listened to the regular players less and less, the closing of the forums after banning a ton of people for mediocre things is a signifier of that… they don't even want genuine feedback from players anymore… I will miss the people here and always love the horror setting, but when a studio shuts out the players ability to communicate with them, especially in a game like this, I think the game's deserving of a crash… then the licenses it holds can go somewhere else to a studio interested in actually doing justice to the horror setting.

  • @Skillfulstone said:

    I'll miss most people here too. Apart from a few bad apples, conversations were much more stable and civil here than in other social platforms.

    Discord isn't meant for large-scale discussion like that, and it's even harder to moderate, and getting doxxed on Discord over disagreements is already a thing known to happen.

    Reddit is a toxic cesspool of trolls and spam, basically no conversations last more than a few replies before veering completely off-topic. Not to mention the fact that relevant topics and feedback get buried by spam and complain-threads in record time.

    Steam forums is a nothing-burger that doesn't have a lot of consistent and dedicated users. It's not as toxic as Reddit (it's hard to be) but there won't be known figures and "forum events" that stay remembered for long.

    I won't create accounts just to move to platforms that I won't want to use for anything else, I guess that like many others, it's the last place I'll interact with the community outside of the game

    Well said, friend.

  • I know I'll miss this place and the people here. There is only one person I think of as a troll on this forum and they are still way better than the average troll on the other platforms.

    Before I joined I lurked here for years and it was the only place I've come aside from Youtube to interact with DbD outside of the game.

  • This content has been removed.
  • losing this community just as Halloween arrives feels like terrible timing

  • I will miss this place too. It is okay to be sad.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    losing this community just as Halloween arrives feels like terrible timing

    Speaking of, trying to talk in Halloween's Discord has made me all the more discouraged about losing the forum tbh… Anything I have said was buried in less than 30 seconds to people talking about everything else besides the game. Actively looking at DBD's Discord doesn't look much more hopeful. This sucks.

  • I’m sorry to see the DBD forums go. It’s a shame to see a community that meant a lot to many people come to an end.

    That said, I also think it’s important to acknowledge some of the issues that existed. There was a noticeable perception of favoritism toward certain users, and it often felt like not everyone was treated equally. The moderation was also, in my experience, poorly handled at times, which made the forum frustrating for some members.

    Despite those criticisms, the forums were still an important place for the community, and it’s unfortunate to see them shut down. I’ll miss the discussions, the people, and the memories made there.