Luck offering usage

Awhile back, I watched a video about a streamer who had a tendency to ragequit alot. They essentially just brought luck offerings JUST so they could quit after 1 hook and even got mad when they realized one game that they didnt bring the right offering for it. Ever sense then, everytime I see a luck offering... THATS what I think of. Does anyone else actually treat luck offerings like that or do you actually bring them with the idea that a hail Mary kobe might let you have a comeback?

Comments

  • BHVR already robbed me once of my own agency to decide what i want to do on hook. Luck offerings are the only thing left to allow me to try to get off hook or at least die faster when I'm in a match with Captain-Sweat-Lord-5000-McSlugsAlot. Play solo queue and you will understand. Even in a duo, one of us usually brings luck that effects the entire group in 1v4, because the ability to just get absolutely steamrolled out of the gate is too high in this game, and then its even worse on top of that if they decide to hold us all hostage. F that noise.

  • Is this a bait question to get people to break forum rules? Because I am pretty sure anyone saying they use luck offerings to go next could be construed as advocating for unsportsmanlike conduct. It's worse than DCing, because at least the bot won't quit.

    I imagine it's only a matter of time before they retire luck offerings. I am kind of surprised they didn't retire them along side the Slippery Meat rework that's going live this patch. I'd argue that half of the luck offerings are worse than Slippery Meat because they let the whole team attempt to kobe.

  • @ForTheEntity said:

    Is this a bait question to get people to break forum rules? Because I am pretty sure anyone saying they use luck offerings to go next could be construed as advocating for unsportsmanlike conduct. It's worse than DCing, because at least the bot won't quit.

    I imagine it's only a matter of time before they retire luck offerings. I am kind of surprised they didn't retire them along side the Slippery Meat rework that's going live this patch. I'd argue that half of the luck offerings are worse than Slippery Meat because they let the whole team attempt to kobe.

    Wasnt really meant as bait anything. Plenty of ppl were pretty open about "going next" before the change in kobe attempts. Didnt really think this would be any different, but was kinda thinking maybe SOMEONE used em for an attempt to turn a match around rather than ragequit. I know I tend to stick to just BP offerings, but other ppl use everything else from hook, hatch, fog or map offerings.

  • They might as well remove luck offerings at this point.

    With diminishing returns they are pretty useless for their intended function, the upcoming change to slippery meat is the absolute final nail in that particular coffin. The only "use" for them now is allowing players to go next which is pretty unhealthy for the game.

    They're dead offerings atm just like map offerings.

  • with slipery meat being changed this ptb i have a feeling they plan on reworking luck offerings . They could have luck affect chests in some way instead . Luck offerings allowing to give up on hook is very unhealthy and i think they know that aswell.

  • Slippery meat got rework so no more sel-unhook option. The only perk that remains is up the ante, hopefully only overlooked. Luck can be reworked to do something else. I belive self-unhook option is outdated and should be only possible in 2v1 scenario.