Consider not bringing back 2v8

What is even the point of this mode if you change it at a snail's speed? 2 nothing burger buffs for killers, new killer, new items for survivor classes, and more chests, new COMPLETELY UNCHANGED MAP and that's it? That's all the new stuff?

At this point, just don't bring the mode back, there is more harm to normal 1v4 que because of it. If you refuse to spice things up in the mode, don't waste time and resources on it then

Comments

  • The point is it's extremely popular and more fun than the regular game mode as proven by the extreme spike in players whenever it's active.

  • They would completely destroy their playerbase since a large portion only play during 2v8 and a lot of people - including a lot of large streamers - don't want to play survivor with the changes they have implemented or with how miserable judgment is to play against.

    I am very curious to see how low the player numbers are and how bad the killer times are after 2v8 ends. Halloween isnt going to kill this game, the decision the devs have been making will.

  • @upsideinsanity said:

    They would completely destroy their playerbase since a large portion only play during 2v8 and a lot of people - including a lot of large streamers - don't want to play survivor with the changes they have implemented or with how miserable judgment is to play against.

    I am very curious to see how low the player numbers are and how bad the killer times are after 2v8 ends. Halloween isnt going to kill this game, the decision the devs have been making will.

    Pardon me but what changes are you talking about? 2v8 might be fun for some while it causes extremely long queues to the point that you can't play your favourite role. Judgment is noobstomper, I'm sorry. Her chase potential is hard to achieve and her snipes can be completely avoided. Survivors will be more balance with nerfs to vigi, sprint, windows, resilience and so on. It has to happen so the side winning deserves the victory. There are also huge if not insane buffs for survivors. Road life will allow you to heal at 100 % speed after you hit 4 great skill checks, no more medkit needed. Isn't that insane? Moment of glory allows you to heal mid chase against weaker killers where predropping = surviving. Apocalyptic inguenity allows to create infinite pallets. The fact that people can't play for the stuns is why it's not popular. If used by better survivors those perks are beyond unfair.

  • @esarraf said:

    The point is it's extremely popular and more fun than the regular game mode as proven by the extreme spike in players whenever it's active.

    Current 2v8, steam charts show exactly the same amount, with barely any difference. Funny thing, you might not even be wrong, some players could be due to 2v8, but at the same time, equal amount could be due to dropping dbd because of 2v8.

    I myself do not enjoy the game anymore, and only come back for chaos shuffle and 2v8, but this time, I don't want to play 2v8 in the slightest, there is barely any new stuff, and the few games I played seem to be affected by recent mmr changes. I am facing such absolute potatoes, that games are simply too easy. I do not enjoy facing players who barely put up a fight

    In the end, I fail to see how popularity is still the main reason to bring back 2v8. Steam charts show that's not the case anymore. Fun is subjective though, I find 2v8 to be braindead and unfun for both sides, but that's just me