Game Crashes

Why do I get a Temp Ban for "Leaving the game"?

Have they not managed to figure out the difference yet?

Comments

  • There is no way to do this accurately and without it being abused, so our stance remains the same that the disconnect penalty will apply for any unauthorised leaving of the game - as the game is still being ruined for the 4 other players.

  • I play on wired Internet and sometimes I get the message that the dedicated server has crashed and I still get a penalty sometimes. No lack of Internet elsewhere in the house on my end.

    I'm not a techie, but what's the scoop in that situation?

  • @Mandy said:

    There is no way to do this accurately and without it being abused, so our stance remains the same that the disconnect penalty will apply for any unauthorised leaving of the game - as the game is still being ruined for the 4 other players.

    then can you make it so people that actually leave mid match can't search for a new match until their original match ends ?
    solo queue is plagued with quitters and more needs to be done about it . They should not be able to doom queue into a new match where they might do the same thing again.

  • @malloymk said:

    I play on wired Internet and sometimes I get the message that the dedicated server has crashed and I still get a penalty sometimes. No lack of Internet elsewhere in the house on my end.

    I'm not a techie, but what's the scoop in that situation?

    I'm curious about this event. I haven't been penalized for Dedicated Server Not Responsive, and I believe it correctly identifies the issue as a server side problem (per the message). It confuses me that this would dole out a DC penalty given it's a server side issue, not a client DC.