Why are we unable to play the same killer in 2v8?

I find it slightly odd as I would have from a technical standpoint, having both killers the same character would have made power management a little bit easier as they could both use their props (Trapper traps, Xeno tunnels etc) without much issue.

I kinda hope in future iterations of 2v8 they change it.

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • Ehh I get where you are coming from. But at the same time I don't want to deal with two blights.

  • unironically Legion wouldn't be an issue if it were 2 Legions you were facing

  • I guess some killer duplicates could have the potential to be problematic but some would have great synergy without being overpowering.

    I personally don't mind facing Blight or even Legion for that matter. Double Nemmy would be a proper zombie outbreak though…

  • 8 zombies with double nemi would be nuts, lol

  • @Hoopme said:

    It would have to be for only very specific killers

    Xeno sure but if other killers could like two Onis I'm no longer touching this mode bruh

    Agreed, Oni would probably be the worst offender.

    The ones that I think would work would be Trapper, Wraith, Xenomorph, Chucky, Wesker. Billy or Huntress could be pretty deadly if both players are highly skilled

  • @LordGlint said:

    8 zombies with double nemi would be nuts, lol

    Ahh got there before me. That would be gloriously stupid. Game wouod be unplayable for survs.

  • @Linkdouken said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4116426#Comment_4116426

    Agreed, Oni would probably be the worst offender.

    The ones that I think would work would be Trapper, Wraith, Xenomorph, Chucky, Wesker. Billy or Huntress could be pretty deadly if both players are highly skilled

    Why would Oni be a problem? If anything, they would be starved because they would be stealing eachother's blood orbs.
    If either of them finds a decent survivor first chase, its game over.

  • having both killers the same character would have made power management a little bit easier as they could both use their props (Trapper traps, Xeno tunnels etc

    In the long run that seems more difficult to balance - do you balance around the idea of one killer having access, or both?

    I think it might also create engine problems on where do you spawn everything.

    There's also a theme feel. Two Aliens would make perfect sense, but two Weskers?

    Basically - for some killers I think it would work power and theme wise, for others I think it fails one or the other. I wouldn't have a problem putting it in for only some killers, but I think BHVR would view it as an all or nothing issue.

  • @Hoopme said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4116586#Comment_4116586

    But if one of the ones do manage to get hits or blood fury it'll be a constant chain of blood fury and instadowns

    I think Oni has diminishing returns here if you take 2 you'll just be playing into Escapist and Scout. you'd be forced to find the casual players and hope to farm them in order to catch the people that know to deny Oni any blood

  • I knooooooow it would be a balancing nightmare, buuuuuuut… Can you imagine 2 Slingers playing tug of war with a survivor? That would be REALLY funny if it was possible.