Not interested. I think it will be a fad: it's popular for a few months and then dies. Since there is only one killer and a handful of survivors, it lacks the replayability found in the only asymmetric horror game that has stood the test of time, Dead by Daylight.
The game does a fantastic job of capturing the spooky atmosphere and suspense from the original Halloween movie ๐ ๐ช and includes John Carpenter's iconic soundtrack (Laurie's theme, chase music, and main theme). I'm really enjoying it but the game is completely different than Dead by Daylight. Its slower paced with a lot of skill checks and looting. As a Civilian (Survivor) you need to loot for items and concentrate on freeing NPCs. Its a great game for Halloween fans but with only one Killer and a few slight variations of the same map, I'm not certain how long it will last. Definitely not a replacement for DBD (thankfully ๐) but its a good supplement, especially this time of year.
It's clunk and was released in a state that I cannot imagine paying that much for. Shows promise, but for now it's just another mistake that may or may not be corrected.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Looks to me as just copy of Friday the 13th: The Game even by the name itself. Some updates but mainly works the same.
Not interested. I think it will be a fad: it's popular for a few months and then dies. Since there is only one killer and a handful of survivors, it lacks the replayability found in the only asymmetric horror game that has stood the test of time, Dead by Daylight.
The game does a fantastic job of capturing the spooky atmosphere and suspense from the original Halloween movie ๐ ๐ช and includes John Carpenter's iconic soundtrack (Laurie's theme, chase music, and main theme). I'm really enjoying it but the game is completely different than Dead by Daylight. Its slower paced with a lot of skill checks and looting. As a Civilian (Survivor) you need to loot for items and concentrate on freeing NPCs. Its a great game for Halloween fans but with only one Killer and a few slight variations of the same map, I'm not certain how long it will last. Definitely not a replacement for DBD (thankfully ๐) but its a good supplement, especially this time of year.
It's clunk and was released in a state that I cannot imagine paying that much for. Shows promise, but for now it's just another mistake that may or may not be corrected.
Really fun version of Myers that actually fulfills his power fantasy. 7/10 game with friends.
Absolutely love the game, 10/10 rating from me.