Bite the Bullet: The Stealth Healer’s Dream or What could be... ᓚᘏᗢ
The perk Bite the Bullet is outdated and underused, with a whopping 0.5 percent pick rate.
Current:
Pain hurts you as much as anyone, but you would prefer others do not know that.
When healing yourself or another Survivor, you benefit from the following effects:
- Suppresses all noises related to Healing and Grunts of Pain.
- Failed Healing Skill Checks do not trigger a Loud Noise Notification.
- Reduces the Penalty to 3/2/1 % of the total Progression.
What I Propose:
Pain hurts you as much as anyone, but you would prefer others do not know that.
When healing yourself or another Survivor, both benefit from the following effects:
- While Healing grants the Elusive Effect
- Failed Healing Skill Checks do not trigger a Loud Noise Notification
- If the heal is completed, the healed survivor is granted Elusive for 3/4/5 seconds
Now, why I think this is beneficial
Due to the recent admission of the killer, The Judgment, it opened the door to a whole host of new builds for the killers. One of which is the infamous aura-reading builds caused by the implementation of the perk Celestial Witness. Which I believe is beneficial fantasy for the killers' repertoire. But it more often than not results in an unfun game for survivors due to their inability to heal. (I understand that's the point of the perk, but should a perk counter a whole build? Just a thought; there is a reason I don't work at behavior)
Now let's talk about the void recently left by the Diminishing Returns changes. How they made healing builds feel lackluster. Now, even with heal builds, completing the heal is never guaranteed. These changes will bring back a lot of the feel of "I'm the healer if I can get to you; this heal will get off."
Having said that, the Elusive tag is very strong and shouldn't be thrown around lightly, so if anyone else has suggestions, I'm open to hearing them.
Comments