Why do YOU run meta perks?
I genuinely hate seeing the same 30 perks every game, and was curious as to why people only use meta perks? Obviously its just to win, but as long as you're actually good at the game or even just have good fundamentals winning is relatively easy.
On the survivor side I personally never use meta perks on survivor aside from the occasional SB or DH since they're fun to use, and I'm good enough in chase to where if I am getting tunneled 3-4 gens end up popping. So I typically try to stick to new or interesting builds to mess with killers.
For killers, I only feel the need to use 1-2 gen slowdown on killers I don't have much experience with or killers with long setup time. (Oni, Neme, Trapper, Hag, ect.) Other than that I like to run builds based around niche perks such as Unrelenting, Enduring, Hubris, Zanshin so that way I can swing at every pallets as Singularity or auto break them if they predrop.
And so I was curious as to why you forums users play with meta perks?
Comments
I mostly use only 1 meta perk (sometimes 2) like if I am playing M1 killer then I will use surge and then other 3 mediocre perks.
I use a meta perk just to have some slowdown and have time to use the other 3 perks that are just for fun.
If I get them in my random builds.
Because why would you want to run any perks that would give you a disadvantage? Meta are the strongest perks, expect them to be used often. No disrespect but if it is easy to win using non meta then your MMR must be very low.
i mean of half the perks in this game activelly suck so bad they might aswell not exist . No mither , insidious , undone , shattered hope , calm spirit . Like even as memes i would rather use other perks .
On survivor I don't really use meta perks on my own unless I get extremely frustrated from repeated high tier killers tunneling from 5 gens with full meta loadouts. Sometimes I just break from that and I run meta for a couple games in frustration before I immediately get bored of it. I also run some meta with my friends who are practically babies, running things like StB, WGLF and Background Player to try and keep them from getting tunneled out. Usually when I'm on my own though I like to do more gimmicky builds, and I don't usually have exhaustion perks in my builds because I feel like I improve more without them. As of the last couple of days I actually started running zero perks and zero items on "naked Tae-Young" for memes and to improve.
On killer I'm a bit less experienced so a lot of my loadouts have at least one slowdown. Personally not a fan of triple or quad slowdown though, it's absolutely boring, however I often like having some kind of slowdown as it usually gives me the leniency to spread hooks more. I experiment with more gimmicky builds or no slowdown builds much more on the killers I am more comfortable with or that are generally just stronger.
True but I saw a dev responding to this. They said they'll buff a lot of perks.