Vigil number nerfs are a confusing misstep.

So, for those who haven't seen, Vigil is losing its status effect additionals to avoid a number of interactions with other perks, being restricted exclusively to its main draw of reducing exhaustion. In exchange, BHVR are luckily tuning its numbers…down another 10%? By Judgement that can't be right, I must be misreading! Hold on, let me go grab my glasses…and, nope, that still looks like a numbers nerf to me.

…Alright, being more serious I just do not understand this decision even remotely. If you wanted to change the perk to be more healthy in a broader design sense by making it just an enabler for exhaustion perks, fine, probably for the best even. But shouldn't the perk receive compensation by going back up to its original pre 10.1.0 nerf value if you're going to do that? Or at LEAST leave it at its post-10.1.0 numbers for a while and then decide instead of hitting it with a double tap immediately?

I genuinely do not know what the philosophy is supposed to be here. When I first saw this change I (wrongly) thought you were just changing the description to match its effective value rather than sticking with the weird way it operates in code, given they matched up pretty well, but this is just a raw numbers nerf on top of everything else, and I can't figure out why. I can't imagine any of your data was telling you that Vigil was 2~3 seconds of exhaustion too powerful.

Tagged: PerksSurvivors

Comments

  • We should temporarily revert to the "all 30%" version from around 2021, when no one was complaining.

    The current situation is one where the loudest voices win?just like with Skull Merchant, who was heavily nerfed.

  • @bunbun said:

    We should temporarily revert to the "all 30%" version from around 2021, when no one was complaining.

    The current situation is one where the loudest voices win?just like with Skull Merchant, who was heavily nerfed.

    Well this has a funny loop because people were celebrating at skull merchants gutting and I remember making a post "this could happen to any perk/item/addon for whatever reason" and people said they didnt care. So they opened that gate. It just happened to come full circle to bite them now.

    @supersonic853 said:

    "Just know, if your praising the philosophy of a character being destroyed with nerfs until a rework in over a year. Keep that same energy if it happens to one of your characters or perks. Keep the positive energy going"

    Because I doubt this will be the last time they do this approach. They did it with Freddy. Now SM. What happens if another killer or perk is fundamentally problematic? Do we just need to obliterate it with 5 nerfs until a rework comes whenever BHVR sees fit? If that's the approach we want to take, so be it I guess. I feel that's why this is more than just SM overall. It's letting BHVR set a precedent on how they do characters or perks until a rework. Though they already set it with Freddy over 3 years ago. And noone fought then. We will get his rework eventually I'm sure. Twins rework did great right?

1 2 ›