Progression vs end game content
When asked about bloodpoint earnings being slimmed down over the years, they seem to be concerned with players reaching p100 or p3 on all characters too fast and getting bored with the game, so the focus is on trying to balance how long it takes to aquire multiple p100s or all the perks etc.
But what about the players that have alredy reached that level? Back when we first asked for prestige rewards, they did not want to add them as they considered it "Fear of missing out" content. Later on they realised most of the playerbase has reach p100s alredy so that content was something most players could enjoy. But anything beyond a cosmetic badge is still considered "FOMO".
Currently the game lacks any real form of End Game Content, for when you've reached the end of your desired progression. As p100 is much more common these days, to a point where some players have even 5-20 p100s alredy, why isn't there more focus on improving the end game content rather than trying to slow people down from reaching it?
As an example would there be any specific character that could abuse a system where reaching p100 with a character, allows 'that character only' to use a tier 4 further upgraded version for their own 3 perks? (Again as an example)
Is p100 content now not considered FOMO enough to actually start giving better incentives to reach that goal with a character? Or even to continue useing and spending points on that character? Because currently reaching p100 with a character feels more like a nerf rather than something beneficial:
- Some players have played the same p100 so much they've run out of items and it feels more costly to spend points on them rather than anyone else
- P100s have been heavily nerfed when it comes to event items/offerings and the current pattern since the previous year seems that will not change
- Spending points on a character that has alredy reached all the rewards it can recieve feels like a waste of points that could have been used towards unlocking someone else's rewards.
While the roster is always expanding, there is no way to get every character to p100, just as there is no way to reach 100% achievements until the game shuts down. So i'm not sure why getting to a high level with a character you feel very dedicated to, isn't an experience worth improving and upgrading, rather than slowing down to prevent eventual boredom.
For a short form context: I am not asking to speed up the progression process, rather unique ways to improve the experience once you've reached the end of that process. And the perks example isn't what i was trying to ask for either, just an example of ideas the team could come up with.
Comments
I'd be happy if it didn't at least feel like punishment to get p100s. The only way I can play my main survivor comfortably is to have teammates bring things I want and don't have.
I've gone through phases with commodious toolboxes with preferred add-ons and ran out of those. Then I switched to the better medkits with good add-ons and ran out of those. Then it was the keys and ran out of those. It's so bad I try to find the items I like in 2v8 and escape with them so I can have them for 1v4. I also ran out of Vigo's blueprints, BPS, escape cakes, and bound envelopes. Obviously you can just switch to another survivor (which I have) but I like my main and that's who I want to play, and I've probably dumped a whole second p100 worth of BP into him.
My main killer is out of what we're my two preferred add-ons. Eventually I'll run out of the two I'm running now. The only way to combat this is dumping more BP into the pit while feeling like you gained nothing, especially since the web seems to go out of it's way to give you what you don't want.
It really does feel like a punishment for p100. I'm currently working on my 10th, but my biggest favorites ran out of event cakes and are now heavily nerfed from aquiring more, so i feel obligated to stick to the 100s who were presitged during anniversaries. Like i have Shane Wiigwaas at 90 right now, and hes still got over 1300 event cakes, but Trevor/Rebecca/Xeno/Dracula are down to their last one that I just keep as souveniers, and i feel forced to play other characters during events with offerings.
I currently don't have a single reason to put any bloodpoints in my p100s, and if they do get to the same point that you are at with yours, it would certainly feel like climbing an uphill battle where you can't reach the top lol
Whole game's progression is centered on the journey of reaching the light at the end of the tunnel, but once u get there, theres nothing to do out there except go back in with another character lol.
As owner of 22x p100, 10x p50 and almost every killer p20 and every survivior p11 - prestiges do not incentivise me to play.
They haven't for a long time.
My friends keep me playing on survivior role.
Killer role is alright tho, fun most of the time.
Tho because of the mmr reset it's just too easy.
Quests don't matter anymore, achievements are getting finished too quickly.
We definitely need something to be changed.
The only real reason to play is new content and live balance changes, which don't happen too often lately.
Seems like there isnt any mmr anymore. I dont know how many weeks or months will take it to be playable again
Ever since their introduction, I have always viewed the Void Collection skins as being very suitable P100 rewards. And it's a shame that the entire collection has been discontinued, and made available year-round (when initially it was tied to the Halloween event). I know, that would leave out the entire licensed side of DBD, but think about it … all characters, licensed or not, are allowed a bloody prestige fit. One can hope that maybe one day everyone is allowed a P100 cosmetic too. If not from the Void Collection, then perhaps something else.
I personally don't have a problem with running out of things on my 3 P100s. Because I regularly drop BP into them, notably during events that come with special items and offerings. Such as Anniversary, Haunted by Daylight and Bone Chill. And that's primarily because I don't really care about getting a 4th P100 right now (unless a miracle happens and they get Norman Reedus to fully voice Daryl Dixon). Lately I have been leveling up my lowest prestige characters and am now going to P9 a bunch. Then I still have my P50s. So there's always something to pour BP into.
I see someone with a p100 every game, then everyone else is p20-80 with a p100 badge. The only people who aren't p100s are new players or people who want p10 on every killer/survivor
I wasn't aware the void collection was discontinued, maybe they are saving it for something? Maybe they can even recolour it like the recent trapper/dwight skins. Most licenses do seem open to original outfits with atleast blighted outfits when a killer is involved, only blighted survivors that come to mind are Yoichi and Nick Cage, But then theres also the christmas sweaters.
But i don't see them doing a cosmetic unless every last license agrees in a contract, which the bloody outfits are part of the contract for bringing stuff in the game as we haven't seen a license flatout refuse to have one. Even the badges seemed like quite the struggle as we could see which licenses refused the artsyle.