Concerns about denuvo and anti cheats trials

  • 1. Is bhvr going to leave innocent players falsely banned out to dry because the denuvo driver crashes? This is something that has been well documented with denuvo. players from both arc raiders and the finales have proven this to be a massive problem with denuvo?

  • 2. How are you going to prevent false bans from happening because the denuvo driver has crashed?

  • 3. How will performance be impacted?

  • 4. How many anti cheats are we steam users expected to be forced into being guinea pigs installing unnecessary and intrusive software for you?

Comments

  • I'm probably just going to take a hiatus from the game while they're doing this.

    I'm a customer — not a playtester. I'm not here to trial various third party software I've never heard of. I'm okay with online games having an anticheat, but it's up to the developers to test and find a suitable solution internally. Forcing players to download and test these anticheats is unacceptable to me, given the intrusive nature of how anticheat software works.

    Having one anticheat come with the game? Fine — a necessary measure to ensure fairness. Asking users to download multiple from third parties? Unnecessary security risk IMO.

  • I hope they take another one.

    All i heard about Denuvo is performance problems and lower fps, problems playing if there is a server issue and its kernel access.

    ID Software removed it after performance critic.

  • Can we just get one of the Korean anticheats? They take cheating in games so seriously over there they're the only ones I'd trust with this if we're insisting on kernel level anticheat.

  • @Xendritch said:

    Can we just get one of the Korean anticheats? They take cheating in games so seriously over there they're the only ones I'd trust with this if we're insisting on kernel level anticheat.

    no kidding over there you can go to jail for cheating lol.

  • I was considering taking a break from playing DBD during testing week considering what everybody has been saying about Denuvo, but thanks to this post I found out The Finals uses Denuvo already and I already have it downloaded in my library lmao, so I guess it won't make a difference for me

  • "Hey, how long are you in for?"

    "I got 20 years for theft, burglary, and assault. And how many years did you get?"

    "50 years without parole because I used an icon pack in Dead by Daylight."

  • Relieved to know this isnt just me. I came here because i saw other comments on their insta. My game crashed 3x in matches and i got a 15 min ban...

  • when do the trials stop?

  • As long as we dont get a vanguard or javelin disaster level anti-cheat software, you can still run the game on linux and dodge the spyware.

    BHVR has enabled denuvo linux compatibility right?