I’m quitting because of “The Judgement”
My husband and I had just gotten back into playing the game a lot and were having a ton of fun — until the new Killer came out.
We were excited to try him. Then we played our first match.
This Killer genuinely makes the game feel like a completely different game. You can’t loop him properly, you can’t flashlight save, hook-related perks become basically useless, and doing gens feels impossible because of his insane map control combined with four aura-reading perks.
And yes, that includes his own perk, which lets him see Survivors’ auras within 40 meters.
Meanwhile, the only Survivor perk that can hide your aura within 40 meters only works after two Survivors have already died.
How are we supposed to play against a Killer who can see every Survivor basically all the time when Survivors have no reliable way to counter it?
What I find especially weird is that the Survivor released alongside him doesn't have a single aura-hiding perk. It honestly makes me feel like the team didn't really consider how this Killer would interact with the Survivor side of the game, or how existing Survivor mechanics could have been used to give us some actual counterplay.
I don't mind strong Killers. I don't mind learning new counterplay. That's part of the game.
But there needs to be counterplay.
Right now, playing against this Killer doesn't feel difficult or challenging. It just feels pointless. So much of what Survivors normally use to outplay a Killer simply doesn't work against him.
We were having a lot of fun before this Killer was released, but after playing against him, we've completely lost the motivation to play.
So yeah, we're probably done for now.
Comments
I understand the sentiment, I myself have some issues with the Judgment, although I do want to clarify some things. The Judgment's perk, Celestial Witness, does not reveal survivors within 40m, it reveals the obsession when that survivor is further than 40m from them, and it switches the obsession if that survivor is within 40m of them. So at most, it tells the killer that there is a survivor they might not see in a large 40m radius, but the main functionality is seeing the obsession far away. My recommendation is if you notice the obsession switching throughout the game, then you know they have Celestial, and if you know they have Celestial and you become obsession, always be ready to have a shot come your way (the cooldown is 30s so you should be okay in that period of time after becoming obsession).
I also just recommend assuming your aura is constantly being read against the Judgment, as most players are just running a ton of aura perks and addons on them. The laser is pretty easy to dodge most of the time if you're paying attention, make sure you listen for the audio cue when it's being charged, and you can also see the aiming reticle if you have line of sight (this doesn't apply to indoor maps, where you definitely need to be a lot more careful).
As for aura blocking perks, I clarified how Celestial works, so there are a couple options. Because as of now Self Preservation doesn't work (since Exile doesn't count as a hook state), assuming you have the perks you can choose between Distortion and Shadow Step. I've run both against Judgment and both are extremely useful. If you're always playing with your husband, both running boon builds with Shadow Step could effectively make almost half the map a safe haven from aura reading.
Looping is honestly the hardest part about this killer, if you make sure you're within 10m of them when looping and don't try to go for distance all the time like you would with most other killers, it makes for a much more difficult time for the killer, dodging the lasers close range just takes a bit of practice. You just don't want to W key away because mid range is deadly.
Finally, and probably most importantly to you and your husband, this killer is already falling off in pick rate due to its difficulty. The killer launched with an abysmal pick rate compared to most killers at their release, and that pick rate is already dying off. Within a week I suspect you'll be running into a Judgment 1/40 games or so. I also hate that the killer invalidates so many popular survivor perks with no way for survivors to know, but at least it will be once in a blue moon very soon. If all the other points I made aren't enough to encourage you to try again, I'd recommend getting back on in a week. As of now I already find Judgments very rare in my games, but they'll be almost gone by then.
My issue is that no flashlights, DH doesn't activate and neither does DS. Seriously we are 4 patch works away from them just tying up survivors and just letting the killer smack us and hook. So unfun
Not saying this will make the experience much better or anything, but Eleven also came in with the perk We See You. Which if the killer is spamming aura reading itl tell you when your aura is being seen and even show the killer to you occasionally so you know when they are targetting you.
Another thing is the judgement stands out like a disco ball in the desert, where you can see their wings glowing from one end of the map to the other so its often easy to have an idea of where the killer is in the map (if outdoors).
Although it is a pain to deal with at range, its still much easier to dodge beams than it is to loop a nurse that just uses short range blinks you can't avoid. I've alredy gotten a feel for when a beam is about to come at me and have dodged many even in a split second, its easier to avoid than a fully charged hatchet at long range. And unlike The First, staying in close range chase makes it easier to avoid shots as they will then have to try trick shots just to hit you.
I also just started playing again, hoping as a survivor only player (and granted I started playing at an advanced age and am not great) that dbd had maybe made some effort towards fixing the slugging/tunneling problem. Even if I lose, it can be fun IF the killer plays in a fair way.
Sadly, that is the least of my problems. I have played 5 games, ALL five ran gearhead, nurses calling, lethal pursuer, and then deerstalker or another aura perk along with at least one addon that is also an aura addon. So if you heal, repair generators or do anything basically, she can see you, and then they use an addon that makes her beam of light either move faster, further or bigger.
I appreciate a good game, with a good killer, with talent (like a good huntress that that plays fairly and doesn't feel the need to make the game as easy as possible on themselves just so they can win.
I wish people still enjoyed playing a game and challenging themselves. Not being happy with an easy win, knowing that their competitors have no chance. When people watch videos of this killer getting a 4k in 45 seconds and they jump on the same build because it is easy, is just ridiculous.
There should be a limit of certain types of perks for certain killers, and they need to stop making killer perks stronger and stronger (like gearhead) while lessening survivor perks.
They keep saying they will make it better and then they just make the killers perks stronger and stronger. I have stopped playing for long periods of time, many times but this may be where I draw the line. I don't usually get upset at games, it's a game. My ego is not based on me winning or losing, but I at least want to have fun and not being able to survive for even one minute or to heal even one time is not fun and gets frustrating.
just play a few more matches/in2 weeks it will be easier because the MMR reset brings the good killers back up and leaves you or your bad teammates in low MMR where you just have to handle baby-killers… PLUS 90% of the jundgement players will play Jason, ghul, wesker and bubba again… the bubba by the way will carry you to a hook. Will camp you will down you again and will that thing the whole match …. Then you have to deal with the same ######### ever and ever again and see a judgement just every 30 matches or so …
Are people really this reliant on Dead Hard?
Like, I'm not trying to be mean but I just do not understand the sentiment. I am so used to people that I play with adapting, we share information with one another about what perks are good against her (I actually converted my friend who is a DIE-HARD Distortion user to become a We See You guy because Distortion does nothing against her.
It's odd to me to read people not wanting to like switch their builds up, but then I remind myself that the average player plays the same perk build load out day in and day out, same playstyle - probably why people hate Nurse and Henry because they don't operate on the plane of loop tightly and just play like Ayrun with 360s, window baits, and the plethora amount of other stuff I see from "entertainment" DBD - just shocking.
"We were excited to try him. Then we played our first match"
I would like to clarify, was this entire post made after a singular game against Judgement? Because if yes, why did you bother making it? You are objectively not going to perfectly learn playing against a killer right away after only 1 game, so the entire post is redundant
both exile and pyramid heads cages SHOULD activate hook perks. It is atrocious that neither do.
Tbf both sides already start learning.
Judgments - how to curve lights in the loops.
Survivors what aura perks they usually run and how to avoid getting hit.
Judgment's snipe the aura playstyle will sooner become way worse as people will get used to it. Let me give you some advices. Most Judgments run Gearhead and Nurses calling. So if anyone gets injured you can avoid getting skillcheck for short time and you can't be revealed. Nurses calling have 32m range, so unless you have TR indicator, she can't see you. if she runs witness + nemesis you will be revealed to 6-8s if you avoid that time you will be fine. Trust, she's not very good. To me personally low B at best if people know what to do.
She's mid tier. If you play around aura builds she has rough time winning.
I'm killer main with deep sympathy for the survivors but if my whole team dies because they can't understand killer has nurses, don't dodge then who's fault is it?
I agree here. One match is not enough to have this kind of response.
Elan kind of nailed it here. We need both the time as a community to learn to play around her, as well as the active playing thought processes.
I know people are downvoting you but it's kind of bs how many perks are denied when you think about it. She isn't hard to loop like some people claim, though she really doesn't have much ways to interact with her as it stands.
That said I'm not saying her exile should count as hooks, I just think it should have been like Pyramid heads where she had to apply her heresy by another means than just landing her beam. lol
Counter as it stands rn is to just take the m1 and go down normally so someone can attempt a save if you want to use your perks, if you run into her while she is charging her beam she'll have no choice but to cancel and m1.
BHVR need to stop doing anti-interaction killers thanks