Survivor Mechanics While In Exile
TL;DR - Risk/Reward of the Exile mechanics is too unfavourable for survivors. My suggestion is: Make using the Searcher's Pendant restore lost hook time, or make the survivor immune to a Seed of Punishment for each Exiled Soul they collect.
—
The Exile concept is great, and the art is fantastic. However I feel the mechanics while in Exile are currently a little unbalanced and unclear. Survivors know they need to use the pendant, but the benefit is not clear and is not rewarding enough compared to the time punishment of getting hit by a beam. That they are losing 3 seconds of time each time they are hit is also not clear to the survivor.
I saw a match where someone was hit about 9 times in Exile by a Seed of Punishment. That means they lost 27 seconds of time on their hook stage. Other survivors can't really tell that their teammate is losing that much time, and they are going to second stage in the Exile. I am sure any survivor would prefer to keep/earn back their hook stage than get a maximum of 5 seconds extra unhook protections.
Comments
The new tutorial tells everything about the exile so it is pretty clear.
It shouldn't be favourable for survivor.
I didn't say that it should be, just that the reward for using the pendant should be linked to the punishment you are receiving in the exile.
I think for completing the objective in the exile you get 0.5 of endurance + 10% haste + eluse for each sole you collect when you get out of it to the normal 10s basekit (I might be very wrong, I haven't manage to play against judgement personally and I think that's what the tutorial said).
Yes, that's right. But it's not really that great - you risk more by moving around and getting hit and losing hook time.
Agreed, the fact that one Surv can save THREE PEOPLE (hypothetically) all at once from Exile by repenting at one statue is MORE than enough of an incentive for Survs. This is Hopeless Exile. This is Hell coated in Angelic Paint. It shouldn't make you stronger or more powerful than you would be hanging from a meat hook. Getting extended BT and elusive and whatever is a great incentive to play the minigame.
The save mechanic is something different. I just think it is a little disproportionate to lose so much hook time, and using the pendant could be like a skill check to protect yourself from the next hit, or whatever. Or maybe the teammates should hear a map-wide scream every time someone is hit in Exile? Anything to avoid accidentally going second. It also encourages shrine camping.
This is all from a solo queue standpoint, mind you.