Hot take: Survivors are just bad for the games balance in the forums. We've done this song and dance
I see people complaining about the new killer, but to be honest? It's krasue all over again.
I'm not even GOOD at survivor and I have managed to escape them pretty consistently.
How are the devs supposed to believe survivors about kaneki when people refuse to even acknowledge the difficulty of THE MOST TECHNICAL KILLER IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW?
It's all "free wins" but the truth is those wins aren't free. It takes active skill on multiple fronts to land each individual hit.
If I can kill most survivors I go against with a perkless trapper, then maybe we shouldn't trust them on how strong killers are when it's been less than a month since the killer has come out. These are the same people that will run to a camping and tunneling killer to unhook a survivor and then complain in endgame for the obvious results (seriously, the average survivor lacks even the most basic of common sense at times- I've observed it AS A SURVIVOR and still don't get what is going through some of your heads).
We saw what happened when the devs listened to survivors about Krasue. Now almost no one plays that killer. I'd bet even fewer can go on a killstreak with them.
People complained WRAITH was op after his rework a while back. Look how that turned out. He was FINE. Give it a few months, and if the devs didn't pre-emptively nerf Judgement by then- we can look into how MMR changed things instead of immediately nerfing a killer because Behavior doesn't learn from their mistakes and added new fundamental changes to the game ALONGSIDE an entirely new killer at the same time AGAIN.
Comments
Yeah I'm ngl judge needs a buff the beam is just super easy to dodge and I don't play survivor much and in like 30 games agents it I've only been hit by it a maximum of 7 times its easy to see its easy to dodge even if they know how to bend it do all the tricks with it its gonna just be very low A to high B just for it not having any sort of movement in the kit like sure oh it goes through walls and can hit multiple people like use you're ears and eyes don't be predictable.
I think calling out one side over the other is hardly conducive to a good discussion, so your title is pretty imflammatory.
We have said many times with the Judgement that they are a hard killer to play correctly (with the pay off that they're also one of the strongest) - very very few people are even close to mastering them yet so we're being very careful on any changes that we think we need to make at this stage whilst we see how things play out.
Not to be that guy... but the balance between both roles needs to be looked at, xenomorph can't use stealthy builds because the turrets detects them when undetectable, which is a unhealthy design choice, but also, there's still the instant heal build because of orelas perks and bully squads that roam around but also, it's been this way for a long time, the us vs them (killers vs survivors) has gotten a lot, I see good ideas get down voted most time and I guarantee that they are survivor or killer mains who absolutely hate the other side for whatever reason, hag needs a rework, xenomorphs turrets needs a look, something for bully squads needs to be in place, slugging and gen rushing are still MAJOR issues the game faces, something needs tl change for both sides so this toxicity between both sides can stop, like the unfair events, some events are killer sided while other are survivor sided, the pallet density issue as well, all of that contributes to the "us vs them" perspective...
@Mandy (just in case the quote thing didn't work)
Also please buff Krasue, she isn't doing well ;-;
Maybe 2 different feedback areas would be a way to reduce noise, one for survivors and one for killers.
There would still be spillage and of course people playing both roles cross-commenting but it might reduce bad habit of asymmetric game feedback where the role with more players dictates the discussion simply by outnumbering the other side.
I actually LOVE this idea. Though I think taking into account the MMR of the player should also be considered IF (and this is a big if) the changes to MMR result in better players actually ending up in lobbies with similarily competent players. If MMR works properly This would give players more constant access to proper balanced matches where devs can look at and understand what skill level they are dealing with depending on the MMR.
Having killers and survivors comment on how it feels to play their role without worrying about people who aren't even playing that role muddying the waters means they will HOPEFULLY feel less need to defend their overtuned aspects from nerfs and more honest communication on anything overtuned and WHY something else need more work to fit with the game's balance.
I admit, the inflammatory nature of the title is from frustration caused by concern and is lacking in tact or nuance. I genuinely don't want another Krasue situation where a killer is left in the gutter because of backlash before the dust settles enough for devs to figure out what is wrong in the first place. It's a difficult situation for everyone. However, seeing survivors call for nerfs as soon as they do also makes it hard to not feel the need to put my voice out there in turn.
Imo, the game is in a very balanced state and seems to be improving as years go on.
@topic
The Krasue was deemed as OP by literally everyone, she was boring then she is boring now. Krasue still is an amazing killer legit nobody plays her because she is not fun to play. I think Judgment is the opposite, she feels a lot more like when The Unknown released where everyone thought he was the new best A tier killer simply because they didn't know how to dodge his power properly.
I personally feel as if Judgment shrines should be changed to act like Pyramid Heads, and should opt to make Zealous a bit more lethal by increasing the curve window slightly as currently its borderline useless in my 5 hours of gameplay.
Playing the game at high mmr doesnt make you good at analyzing the games state. Those are two different things. Also you dont need to play killer to understand how powers work if you first hand experience how they work by playing against them. The only problem are people just playing killer cause they tend to get biased into a killer fantasy completly ignoring anything on the other side .
If we're talking about survivors on the forum being "bad for games reputation" because some people are immediately calling for nerfs, the same can be said about killers on the forum that are immediately calling for buffs. The reality is that this killer is very difficult to tell where they will land on a tier list because 1. they're difficult to play and 2. the MMR reset is still in full swing. Everbody just needs to chill for a bit, not just one side. In reality, what I don't think is very conductive to the game's balance is invalidating an entire side of the playerbase, of which takes up 80% of the people in each match.
How is krasue the same thing? Krasue was absurdly easy to pilot and oppressive in chase. People are going to complain about the new killer, the new perks, the new surv no matter what.