Is the ghoul really S-tier
I'm not a native engliah speaker so plz bear with me with some words or grammar.
I keep seeing people saying the ghoul is S tier but i dont think so im quite new so keep that in mind.
Apart from getting first free hit he have in order from not being just a legion 2.0 you have to use your power right like if they stupid and drop pallet in front of you you just vault and if they cant vault back (sometimes they just can purely out of luck which is very common for them to being able to vault back tho) assuming they cant its free hit okay, But if they smart they dont drop and loop the pallet you can cut-off but the so called cut-off is so inconsistant some loop dont have trees or any wall behind the loop so you cant do the 2nd leap to cut off or you have to go wide which sometimes with both speed addons you still cant cut off in time some loop have weird shape some loops have debris to block you and on some god sent loop that pass the all requirement its still not garanteed that you can pull it off some times you slide to close and cant wnd leap some times you miss the grab and undergo some cooldown and youre cooked some times you pull off but they decided to go to next pallets which is every 5 meters away some connect to windows.
Also they can sit in between pallet and theres nothing you can do you prompt steal they they can just walk and stun if u dont use your power they just drop and run a little to break LOS and you cant grab vault on tile like long wall gym or shack which is easy to cut off you do it but they just already leave the loop and not play the tile you have to wait for cooldown use power to catch up which due to how dense pallets are they already arrived at next pallet if you kick pallets to create dead zone you will run out of time trying to create dead zone and survivors just do gens and the leap block tho its fairly consistant if you have the right cancel timing its still very inconsistant you go a bit furthur inside pallets you got stun sometimes they double back and theres always pallet nearby having a down with him against survivors that know a bit to counter ghoul just leave him an average m1 killers.
And with 40 meters TR the hyperfocus stake out squad will finished gens in 30 secs and if you are unlucky youre going to midwich with him tho midwich is very killer sided he will feed the stakeout so fast gens are in room where you cant use power so easily to get by and tho you can have some fast down if you kick some pallets to create dead zone youre still gonna lose cuz they do gens so fast.
And hes buggy af sometimes you cant grab attack sometimes cant m1 sometimes you leap backward like how is it even possible to attach the kagune forward and you go backward like he just moonleap but this time its not a tech but a literal moonleap.
Playing him is like if youre face with survivors that have no idea whats going on you will stomp them hard but once you passed a certain points where they know how the ghoul works you just have to be able to perfect your m2 or else you lose his learning curve is like flat cuz against bad survirvors hes braindead op but once you passed a curtain points you have to have max level of skill usage to keep up his learing curve now go from flat low to through the roof and eventho you mastered him he still inconsistant his requirement for cut off is too much like only fews pallets can be cut off the effort - reward ratio just so diablolical you have to mastered him to be decent and functional 80% of the time 20% of the time he just dont work cuz the game hates you for me once he pass the soft cap hes c+ tier and once mastered hes just A tier at best unless you pushed him into the limit of skill ceiling now hes S tier but generally speaking just play blight bro hes hard but you dont have to be an insane blight to have good result or nurse throw some aura reading and practice aome muscle memory of her blink and you 4k most match or you want to try hard a bit go play dracula he has tool for evrrything if you lose chase it all comes down to youre not good with him enough for ghoul you have to be the best of the best and now just pray for some luck the stars have to be aligned for him reach these killers power level, the loop has to have some structure to leap (only 20% of loops are like this where you cant most of the time be able to cut off) and hoping that survivors dont double back or fake a double back or leave the loop or walk a weird path to confuse you which most survivors they just good enough to counter you and bad enough to play so unpredictable like who in their right mind leave loop again the ghoul but they did and now i have to wait 5 secs of cooldown from leap 2 times in enraged them jump again used 2 token now another 5 secs and now there at pallets that you cant cut off and now eventho u down that survivors whos playing just okay they loop pallers 2 times drop pallets u didnt get stuned and now go play some 50/50 and you win congratulation u downed a survivors using 40 secs to go from injured to down while the survivors are not even that good maybe a total of 50 secs chase time, man you just gonna lose bro nowaday a chase longer than 30 secs is like a bad chase now and its crazy well its not only for ghoul other killers too but they are not an S tier killer, a ghoul is an S tier killer.
Someone plz explain to me how can he be S tier and how can i win chase in minimal time fast like other S tier killers, blight take like 20 secs on average if you know what you are doing on maps that is now indoor
Comments
Whenever I see tier lists it's typically by Otzdarva or Scott Jund and before hand they list out some criteria for examples one of Otzs tier lists for most of them they're assuming its at a relatively high level or above average.
. This one was from a few years back (6.7.0) as it was the first video that popped up but it should still be fine. Apparently I was wrong though I thought they were typically based around average players but this seems to be based on the soft cap of MMR.
I think the reasons why Blight and Nurse are considered S tier is simply because their counterplay is "Don't let them see you." Along with the fact that they have some the best two tap potential in the game, map pressure, ect.
Daily reminder that 90% of the player base does not know how to play the game on a skilled level, so for the most part tier list are arbitrary for them however I do think it helps skilled players who want to get better at the game and get a better view of the meta.
Oh yes, for sure - I completely agree with your ending statement.
It's why I do not try to put down other survivor mains who do not operate on my level. I mean, I am a full time student and play DBD in my off time when I feel like doing it + single player stuff (4k hours is not the norm nor am I saying that it should be). I honestly think if I had to guess the average survivor most definitely has less than 2k hours, I would think most DBD veterans that played around the time I came in 2021/2022 probably have moved onto other games (such as TCM or just didn't like the direction that DBD was going - look at Distortion as a prime example of that).
I would completely disagree with the idea that you shouldn't let them see you, lol. You can utilize line of sight blockers and predictions, you can predict what a Nurse and Blight will do - it's not like you can't mechanically out-counterplay them. I vehemently disagree that to win against Nurse, just don't let them see you. - again video footage.
Nurse:
https://youtu.be/PX3oxC8dO3U?is=RW-d3getehFJOzT_Blight:
https://youtu.be/lBRUCghWZ4E?is=vKngdo0Y2O4BiyjVI will agree with your last sentiment, but you lose me in the prior text - but sure, for the average playerbase, sure - if you don't know how to loop or read tiles, sure, just avoid being found but that is not good advice if you want to climb to high MMR.
So, what would me saying their names exactly accomplish? Is it just a random "please say bitcoin" schtick? They play their set of stronger killers because they are enjoyable and strong. Hell, I played blight shortly after his release for a long time because I enjoyed him until collisions started changing every other patch and it got annoying. There's a reason why you don't see them willingly play weaker killers like Clown or Demo often outside of a scrim/comp environment (or in some cases killer requests like Numi) since it's not really fun to play a killer who loses to perks more often than not. Agency is one hell of a drug.
If you could TRULY justify someone like Ghoul being S tier show me comp results where he is consistently on par with Nurse or Blight in terms of hook stages since you want to talk about the peak of a killer's skill ceiling as once again, I take competent players in mind when I talk about tier lists. Other than that, I'll take my stance or him being low A.
Alright, I have given you the floor and you didn't even do it.
This is my last response to you, also enjoy this Clown footage.
https://youtu.be/oRL6hXm8I7U?is=nVUaVyV4IdHgQ0V2Before you're like, people only play Clown in comp/scrims, I've faced a comp Clown in pubs. They do exist, odd that you think killers can only play in comp/scrims, but how are they practicing? In pubs.
Practicing in pubs only gets you so far and given you clearly didn't read the "often" part of "There's a reason why you don't see them willingly play weaker killers like Clown or Demo often" properly I guess I also have nothing further to say.