Negative Feedback: The Judgment

Hi! I’ve been praying DBD for super long. The Judgment is a cool new addition but definitely too powerful. I played literally 15 rounds today and 2 of them were different killers. Everyone’s been buying The Judgment and its powers are too much that the game has no fun anymore. The survivors die super quickly and the rounds have no individuality. This killer has a perk that can basically see every single survivor and I feel like it defeats the suspense of the game. Easy W for the killers and really quick L’s for us survivors. Makes me not want to play anymore. This killer shouldn’t be on DBD.

Comments

  • When i saw it was that killer, i handed off the round to my brother.. I can’t handle the killer and neither can my friends.

    honestly super annoying

    We won maybe 3-4 times? By a long shot too..

  • I have been consistently winning against Judgment once you get good at predicting and dodging her power its not too bad people just need time to adjust.

  • I think honestly we'll have to see 1. when the new MMR settles and 2. when people actually get used to the killer on both sides whether the killer is overtuned or not. For right now I think it's fine (although I personally have gripes with some of the aura addons)

  • @moneybagnova said:

    Hi! I’ve been praying DBD for super long. The Judgment is a cool new addition but definitely too powerful. I played literally 15 rounds today and 2 of them were different killers. Everyone’s been buying The Judgment and its powers are too much that the game has no fun anymore. The survivors die super quickly and the rounds have no individuality. This killer has a perk that can basically see every single survivor and I feel like it defeats the suspense of the game. Easy W for the killers and really quick L’s for us survivors. Makes me not want to play anymore. This killer shouldn’t be on DBD.

    Did we reach the random "x killer is too strong after release"-posts again, this is a really consistent theme. Well this time it's even worse to already label her as too strong because mmr was reset, so you don't play against people your level most of the time xD

    Just wait a few weaks maybe months and then we can talk again :D

  • I mean I’m not gonna come across people who are the same level as me every round.. but when it becomes a constant thing of dying when I’m typically really good at the game.. somethings reoccurring. The killer is very strong and I think it has to be nerfed because the killer has perks that are way too high of an advantage compared to the survivors. Sure you could learn how to play against them and their powers, but in the end, they pretty much always win.

    I’ve never had an issue with any other killer and this is my first time writing here before so that speaks for itself. And this is rising amongst a lot of others.

    I’d rather not wait weeks and months until the update goes away for me to finally play again.

    survivor main

  • @Arcturus said:

    I think honestly we'll have to see 1. when the new MMR settles and 2. when people actually get used to the killer on both sides whether the killer is overtuned or not. For right now I think it's fine (although I personally have gripes with some of the aura addons)

    i hope the killer gets nerfed or taken out. it’s too much and super annoying. everyone has this killer where it’s like every round.

  • Skill issue.
    Yeah, some of the perk combos are kinda OP.
    However, that doesn't change the fact Judgement's power is really hard to learn and really easy to dodge.
    Many of the elements of this killer are great.
    Anti-BM, anti-flashlight, etc. And that's only true based on the addons they take.
    Making 90 degree right angle trick shots are extremely difficult.
    Even 30 degree shots, I only land 5% of the time.
    Survivor main.
    Exile is an interesting mechanic. While it guts most perks that require a hook, rip kindred, the mini game reduces doing nothing while on hook.

  • We're going to have another krasue situation where survivors cry a killer into irrelevance.

  • @WeaverReaver42 said:

    We're going to have another krasue situation where survivors cry a killer into irrelevance.

    I don't think The Judgment would be nerfed that bad considering the work they put into it and the engaging hook mechanics for survivors adding some much needed diversity. If anything, I would see her long range beam turned into a mid range beam with that blue add-on that allows for shooting the beam backwards being made basekit. That would make her a slower but easier to hit Houndmaster.

    It would be a shame all the same though. I'm getting so tired of map control meaning a teleport. Having a killer that can literally control the map with an independent projectile is so much more interesting than doing another version of the Dracula game. I get that she feels oppressive to newer players, but geeze... They make it way too easy. I keep getting matches where a skilled solo Q tries to kite me at close range, and I just ignore them to hit their fresh-faced teammates that practically glue their hands to the gens. I'll usually even leave the solo the hatch just because of how unfair the whole thing felt. I get skilled players being upset at how telegraphed the beam is, but I swear like half of this playerbase is watching cocomelon while doing gens.

  • guys , L2P … the only thing this killer is strong is when he sees auras. Guess what there is a fxing perk to counter it… there are several. But I could give you the advice “take the totem that hides everyone in its area, and maybe also the totem from the new survivor” when he can’t read your auras he can’t finde you that easily… and it 4 people run the same totem and use it on 4 totems that’s annoying as hell for the killer because all the aura read doesn’t work anymore…


    addapt to him is not that hard and his special is easy dodgeble

  • @WeaverReaver42 said:

    We're going to have another krasue situation where survivors cry a killer into irrelevance.

    Let's be honest, Krasue was a nightmare on release, it was obvious to everyone. Crying or not.

  • @Arcturus said:

    I think honestly we'll have to see 1. when the new MMR settles and 2. when people actually get used to the killer on both sides whether the killer is overtuned or not. For right now I think it's fine (although I personally have gripes with some of the aura addons)

    2026 and we still don't just make killers like this or nurse blind while charging power.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4111588#Comment_4111588

    2026 and we still don't just make killers like this or nurse blind while charging power.

    Honestly though because Exile doesn't count as a hook and it's not an m1 killer the only perks really left for the Judgement are aura and gen regression. I think the aura addons could be looked at, but I think aura working as a whole is fine. I just wish Exile counted as a hook, it would fix so many issues for build variety on the killer and for perks becoming useless for survivors

  • @Arcturus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4112292#Comment_4112292

    Honestly though because Exile doesn't count as a hook and it's not an m1 killer the only perks really left for the Judgement are aura and gen regression. I think the aura addons could be looked at, but I think aura working as a whole is fine. I just wish Exile counted as a hook, it would fix so many issues for build variety on the killer and for perks becoming useless for survivors

    it’s good that it doesn’t, no DS, thanks god (judgement) it’s so annoying to have 3 DS running against you and silly survivors that hunt down the killer just to get downed so they can use their perk…. It has to be as it is!

  • @Salafur said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4112314#Comment_4112314

    it’s good that it doesn’t, no DS, thanks god (judgement) it’s so annoying to have 3 DS running against you and silly survivors that hunt down the killer just to get downed so they can use their perk…. It has to be as it is!

    As it is, the killer loads into the match completely kitted out while survivors most likely have at least one of their perks or even items deemed useless, often times half their build or even their entire build becomes a dud. The survivors have no way of knowing they're going into the game with a Judgment and basically get to lose half their perks. And even if you think eating DS is annoying, countering all anti-tunnel perks is not healthy when there is no effective basekit anti-tunnel. It just makes Judgment extremely good at tunneling

  • Power is too complicated.