New to dbd, trapper suggestion.
Hello,
I've been playing dead by daylight for about 3 months on and off now,
I started playing just for the Jason release but after a while I gotten bored out of it and decided to try other killers, and ended up trying trapper.
I started playing him because I LOVED his designs and custom outfits but he was borderline useless in matches with people who are as skilled or at least played for longer than a week or two.
Seeing this baffled me and I must ask, giving the current state of the game,
trapper as the poster killer of the game, should be at least able to keep up with the current game evolution, no?
I been insanely frustrated playing with the killer trapper, and I've constantly found myself asking why am I even playing this game when I can't do anything with the killer I want to play with.
In the end chat I've asked countless people for help and been told by numerous survivors and killers that I should just give up and play a different killer instead, mainly because of how bad the killer really is for it's modern time.
However I believe that regardless of what killer a player chose to play as,
It should be fair and balance enough so any player won't feel forced to abandoned a killer concept, powers and design for a more absurd characters JUST cuz they able to keep up with survivors.
MY SUGGESTIONS,
Doesn't really asked for much out of the team, nor does it require much coding at all.
(Ofc I wouldn't want it to be unfair for survivors so I'm not suggesting anything absurd as well)
To simply put,
I believe that 2 specific add-on for trapper should just be added as base to make him be able to keep up with the current state of the game.
The BEST example of it is making the add-on ((Fastening tools)) a based speed so trapper wouldn't need to take too long to play the game.
(It sounds absurd but it's just small change that makes so much difference.)
And most importantly for chases the add-on (coffee grounds) should just be based for the trapper giving his very slow mobility.
That or
the trapper should be given more based speed then the current 4.6m he has. giving him the chance to have a way he to catch up fast enough before he gets countered by the large amount of pallets and windows in every map.
This is the my main request and suggestion giving the fact that it doesn't require much effort in order to implement it to the game and can be done with a simple update note.
If you really want to make trapper more valuable for the game you should make it so whatever map trapper goes to, tall grass or anything that can help hide the traps would spawn in with him as well.
That is all my suggestion, please consider it,
Much love!
<3
Comments
Trapper is a weak killer but you can still play him well, if you watch quitekillz play trapper he makes him look A tier but that's because he is a really good player and I recommend for you to learn from him and you should learn the good trap placements if you really like and want to play this killer.
He is quite weak and does need buffs, probably making a few of his add-ons base kit (making his iri base kit that resets traps is the most needed one probably), but he should remain an easy killer to play for new players with no confusing mechanics and he should have the base/normal stats basically like being 4.6 is the base speed for killer so I disagree with making him quicker, use perks for that, trapper is basically the first and most basic killer so he can be a bit underpowered but he is currently very weak.
I did watch quietkillz and even watched his and other guides on how to use the trapper, the point is not to make his based walking speed faster,
but is there to give him the abilities to do anything, giving chase or game set up rather then without it and definitely throwing the early game and pry it works out in the end.
As it is now, trapper only way of winning is if he spawn in a map with tall grass or a VERY VERY dark environment, and/or survivors accidentally step on a trap one after the other.
Even quitekillz wins his games cuz the survivors makes some sort of mistakes and it snowballs like crazy.
Let alone that he needs to tunnel someone early game just to be able to even the playing match. (Watch the guide he literally said so himself)
Worse part is that you can just have 1 survivors follow you around before you can set up enough traps to be useful while others do gen rush and infinite loops with a mere m1 killer who get easily countered by a window and a pallet he didn't trap across the map.
Even the add-on that rest every 30 seconds isn't enough cuz a gen only takes 90 seconds WITHOUT any perks which only gives 3 traps to reset and the traps reset are random and can still be across the map rather than were you need it.
Point is, giving trapper the ability to place the traps quicker should be default for how crazy fast the game needs to be and the traps need to give more haste because of the slow mobility and for the maps that can go on for years on end for how big they are.
Think that's really all he needs to make him better and more fun to use.
Because without it,
Is just traps that give more issues then value.