Suggested Ghostface buffs

Skull Merchant, another bottom tier killer, is getting a full rework, but I don't want that for Ghostie. I like his simple gameplay as both killer and survivor and find it enjoyable, but he needs a bit of a boost as is. These are a bit tentative to see where he might end up on a tier list after these changes, but even if they're small I think they're a good place to start.

  1. Night Shroud cooldown 15s → 12s
  2. Night Shroud no longer puts Ghostface in cooldown when using a Basic Attack
  3. Reveal time 1.5s → 2s (ideally with more accurate detection)
  4. Downed and hooked survivors cannot reveal Ghostface
  5. Partial basekit Leather Knife Sheath - Crouch speed 4.0m/s → 4.2m/s (addon would become 5% instead of 10%)
  6. Marked duration 60s → 70s
  7. Partial Drop-Leg Knife Sheath - 5% haste for 5s after revealing a survivor (addon would become an additional 5% to make it have the same effect as currently)

I think these would give Ghostface a little bump so that he at least would be a high C tier killer, and more adjustments could come later depending on feedback. What do you all think, is there anything that needs to be removed, added or changed?

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • Just pray that they don't do to him what they did to myers, better a lower tier character that at least somewhat resembles their source material than a grossly under-effort dash merchant killer with exposed

  • @DodoSwarm said:

    Just pray that they don't do to him what they did to myers, better a lower tier character that at least somewhat resembles their source material than a grossly under-effort dash merchant killer with exposed

    Yeah I mean that's why I don't want him to be reworked, if he just gets a series of small buffs similar to what I suggested in the OP, I think the small buffs would make a difference and make him much more viable than he is now while completely preserving his identity. With these changes I'd be high if I thought he was going to be A tier, but instead of the D tier bottom 3 killer he is now he could be a high C tier, maybe even low B tier.

  • Looking back at this post just a day later, this was unintentional but these are so easy to implement, so many of these are simple number changes, and most of the others are already effects attached to addons. The "hardest" part would be redesigning those addons, but at the very least the number changes could be implemented and I can't imagine it would take much more than changing a few values in the code. I understand that Ghostface is better against new players, but the game really shouldn't be balanced around people who don't know what they're doing. It just makes me more baffled how simple number buffs like this haven't happened for Ghostie yet because it seems like it would be so incredibly quick and easy

  • Would still be insanely weak. He needs more that that.

  • @Elan said:

    Would still be insanely weak. He needs more that that.

    To be in a balanced spot, yeah probably. But these are super easy buffs to implement that would at the very least take him out of D tier, they would probably put him high C tier if I had to guess. It's a start

  • At the current pallet density, you can keep your distance from Ghostface by knocking over pallets first, so it’ll still be tough even with the buffs mentioned above. It needs a fundamental rework, like Shape or Nightmare.