Azarov's resting place and suffocation pit are atrocious design

These 2 maps use to work in older dbd times but in 2026 the flow of these maps is felt so poorly in 2026.

Both these maps are designed in a way where as killer you literally have to just ignore half of the map and pretend it doesnt exist otherwise you essentially lose.

BHVR specifically avoid making loops interlock in modern designed maps and both these maps have every jungle gym squished together in 1 chain.

and as for survivor, the entire gameplay is just work on gen then run to the middle of the map when you see killer from distance. Going for saves can be extremely annoying too as you have to run 200km just to get across the map.

The exit gates are also terrible. if the killer gets 2 exit gates on the same side- if its anything less than 3 people alive, it can be extremely easy to snowball slug BUT the opposite is also true to where if the exit gates are on opposite sides its almost, maybe even borderline impossible to have a chance at protecting gates. These 2 maps have the biggest impact from gate RNG.

The forced Bottleneck from Suffocation pit does not make it anymore interesting for either side either, killers with high map pressure/lethality can almost always intercept an unhook and again the 5 linking maze tiles arnt exactly fair either.

And the bottleneck on Azarovs is much worse to the point it just eats out both left and right side of the map.

Azarovs resting place needs to be Cut down the middle and both sides squished together. the bottleneck also needs to be widened, and maze tiles spread out.

Suffocation pit needs its overall size slightly decreased and the middle walls to be shortened OR holes in the wall at each end (or make it 1 random) alongside its gyms spread out

BHVR if yous are reading this think logically: would yous design a map like this nowadays? no, so the existing ones should be reformed.

EASIER option, Just make Suffocation pit II the New suffo and retire the current one

new aza.jpg suffo.png

Comments

  • I agree but am I crazy or is there an alternative "fixed" version of suffo pit? I swear I played on it a few times a couple months ago but haven't seen it since.

  • @Xendritch said:

    I agree but am I crazy or is there an alternative "fixed" version of suffo pit? I swear I played on it a few times a couple months ago but haven't seen it since.

    There's 2 variations of each MacMillan map that they got rid of like 2 years ago alongside the other variations of Badham, Ormond, and the Yamoaka Estate. You can still play em in customs

  • @Xendritch said:

    I agree but am I crazy or is there an alternative "fixed" version of suffo pit? I swear I played on it a few times a couple months ago but haven't seen it since.

    It has another variation for 1v4 and of course the 2v8 version of the map but you could not play that variation in normal match as variations are not possible in normal queue anymore. Only way to play those is with custom matches.

  • @Xendritch said:

    I agree but am I crazy or is there an alternative "fixed" version of suffo pit? I swear I played on it a few times a couple months ago but haven't seen it since.

    They removed the Map Variants a few months ago. Which was a very good change, they were for the most part low effort (since they were not really new maps, just old maps with Tiles shuffled around) and worse than the original versions. Which includes Suffocation Pit and Resting Place.

    Which are not even the worst Maps which need an overhaul. Tricksters Delusion, Rotten Fields, Badham Preschool and Fallen Refugee come to mind here.

  • please don’t try and get OG suffo removed. It’s one of the last pieces of nostalgia us OG players have lol

  • I've been saying how poorly designed these maps are for years. As killer you either hard 3-gen right out the gate or you loose. There's basically no in between.

  • The map variant version of Suffo Pit is the only one I want to see back and this post is the reason why. 95% of the map variants were low quality and worse than the original maps but that version of the map had none of the issues normal Suffo Pit does.

  • @Royval said:

    please don’t try and get OG suffo removed. It’s one of the last pieces of nostalgia us OG players have lol

    I've been playing DBD for 9 years, i am an OG player…

    thats why i said "these 2 maps use to work in older dbd times but not anymore 2026"

    Unfortunately as nice as the nostalgia is, the map is objectively terribly designed.