Cheaters (Speed hacking)
Hey everyone,
I wanted to bring up a frustrating trend I’ve been running into way too often in my recent Killer matches.
It feels like there is a major influx of subtle speed hacking going on right now, and it is honestly getting ridiculous. I’m not talking about the old-school, crazy hacks where people teleport across the map, block hooks, survivors on the killer or anything extreme. It’s much more hidden than that. I have two situations unfold: I’m chasing Survivors who have absolutely zero speed or vaulting perks equipped, yet it takes anywhere from 20 seconds to a full minute longer just to catch them in a standard loop or, even when they should be exhausted, they still run at the same speed. Despite them deciding to hide their cheating software behind some perks (Deceptive), you should be able to catch them. I wish to note that I have no problem if they are coordinated or have good perks. That's not the issue at hand.
To anyone who knows Killer mechanics and pacing inside out, the discrepancy is completely obvious. You notice it instantly when you are running in a straight line and literally cannot close the distance like you normally would. To top it off, in these same matches, I'm getting flashed multiple times, and the combination makes the game completely unplayable. It feels like people are subtly adjusting their movement percentages just enough to slip right past; either it be around a corner or when vaulting, to give an example.
I'm completely fed up to be dealing with this. I do my best to report them but forgive me for saying; I feel it's not doing anything. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops for the team to be able to monitor cheaters. Even then it feels pointless, respectfully. What can the DBD dev team or the servers actually do on the backend to stop these micro-adjustments? Are there any plans to tighten up server-side movement validation? There should be a system that can read if the person in question is breaking the 'laws' of his perks or what is natural. Other Games do use such a method to track AB, for example. So I'm sure something can be devised to counter un-natural movements.
I’d love to know if other Killer mains are experiencing this exact same thing lately, and what you think needs to change.
Best Wishes,
M
Comments