Why Cheat?
I was involved in two matches in the past couple of days where I saw blatant cheating.
One match was a survivor that repeatedly got off the shoulder of the killer. At first I thought one of the other survivors was just doing a very good job with a flashlight. But eventually it got down to me and the one other survivor. This survivor got taken down at least 5 times while it was just the two of us and every single time came off the killers shoulder nearly immediately.I did not have a flashlight so it wasn't with my help.It was like this survivor had infinite DS.
Another match I was playing against a Springtrap that had a survivor picked straight up off a generator and hooked within 15 seconds of the match starting. I thought that seemed a little strange. I realized really quickly it wasn't strange. It was a cheating killer. Because the hook animation hadn't even finished before this springtrap appeared right behind me already in the motion of picking me up. I don't mean walked out of his portal and surprised me. I mean appeared out of nowhere and was already picking me up. I didn't even have a chance to get up off the gen.
I reported both cheaters. I am genuinely curious about something though. What is the motivation for either of those things? If you escape as a survivor because you utilized cheats that prevented the killer from even hooking you how do you derive any satisfaction from that? As a killer if you decimate the survivors you go against utilizing a cheat that prevents them from even being able to run from you what is the reward? Someone that cheats isn't winning because they are skilled or better than others and they have to know that. So I just don't understand the motivation to do it. It would be the equivalent of me as an adult playing basketball against a 3 year old and thinking I accomplished something when I beat them.
Comments
People are lazy to learn to play something or they don't have the time, skill or interest to really get good. They want the easy way so they buy cheats and play with them. Some do it to get enjoyment of the normal players annoyance. They are selfish people who care only about their own enjoyment.
I don't want to think you are right, but sadly I don't doubt that you are. I simply can't fathom how someone can even enjoy playing with zero challenge. Nor can I even begin to understand how someone actually attains some kind of pleasure out of knowing they are cheating other people. Such a strange concept to me.
Few other reasons.
Those that hide it and don't do it obviously are those that want other people to see them as better than they are. They do it for the false recognition the illusion that they are good.
Then there is those that do it to stay on top. Many speedrunners even if they are good and do records in the games at a point start to not do well anymore when others past them. They then start using cheats to stay on top.
They cheat because of their skill issue, a bot can loop better than a cheater with wall hacks and speed hacks, bhvr really needs a better anti-cheat system.
I suppose so. It's just a thought process I don't guess I ever have. I am a mid range DBD survivor main. I am nowhere near as good as a lot of survivors I see and nowhere near as bad as others. But I would never even want to cheat to appear better. And that isn't some sort of self righteous statement. It's simply that whether I succeed or fail in any given match I want to know it was due to either my skill, or lack thereof.
#1 rule of cheaters: they're almost never actually good at the game
I’ve also been told that some do it as a form of vigilantism. Essentially, they think they ‘even the scales’ by adjusting values as they see fit.
I personally don’t buy it, but it was an interesting thought, at least.
cheating is a skill issue. Prove me wrong on that.
Oh and forgot the group that starts to cheat because someone else cheated against them so they see it them somehow taking revenge or something. Like do to others what was done to you. In these cases many of them really think 90% of players cheat so them cheating is not anything special but expected.
For cheaters, your opponent is not just those you are facing in the match itself, its the game. Just as most of us want to defeat our opponents, they want to defeat the game. That they're ruining the experience for others for some is probably irrelevant, for others its a benefit.
They aren't playing the game, they're making the game miserable for you, thats why.
They need to cheat cuz of their skill issue, cheaters are always bad, I remember how I managed to mind game and down a cheater with wall hacks and speed hacks while playing an M1 killer, bhvr needs a better anti-cheat system honestly.