Killer Concept: The Weaver โ A Spider-Themed Territorial Killer
I would like to suggest a new original Killer inspired by spiders and arachnophobia.
Dead by Daylight already has many supernatural monsters, but there is currently no spider-themed Killer. I think a mutated humanoid spider could introduce a unique territorial playstyle focused on setting up webs and controlling areas of the map.
Killer Power โ Web Territory
The Killer can place spider webs on the ground, creating dangerous zones around loops, windows and objectives.
When a Survivor walks through a web, they become Marked by the Web instead of taking immediate damage.
A Marked Survivor leaves small strands of silk behind and becomes vulnerable to the Killer's secondary ability.
Marked Survivors can remove the webbing from themselves by interacting for a few seconds. This gives Survivors counterplay while forcing them to choose between spending time removing the web or risking the Killer's power.
Cocoon
If a Marked Survivor walks through another web before removing the first mark, they become Entangled.
An Entangled Survivor can be targeted by the Killer's special ability, wrapping them inside a Spider Cocoon.
The Cocoon is not a hook replacement, but a temporary prison.
- The trapped Survivor cannot move or perform actions.
- Other Survivors can free them by tearing the cocoon open.
- If left inside for too long, the Entity automatically transfers them to a normal hook state (or another balanced punishment).
This rewards the Killer for controlling territory rather than simply chasing Survivors.
Web Sense
Whenever a Survivor touches one of the Killer's webs, the web vibrates.
The Killer receives a Loud Noise Notification and briefly sees the Survivor through Killer Instinct.
This allows the Killer to track movement across the map and reinforces the fantasy of a spider sensing vibrations in its web.
Comments
I fear too many people would close app if they got a spider killer, phobias and all. Irrational phobias aren't to be joked around with, my sister has a phobia of clowns and absolutely freaked when she saw The Clown in DbD. I know you guys probably think "oh but it's horror and you want dbd to be scary" but phobias really ruin the enjoyment for some people, and they physically and mentally can't help it.
Even for myself, I have a phobia of large spiders, and playing the survival game Grounded had me terrified of exploring the map because of these giant spiders that would chase me. Ruining the experience for me. I don't think I'd play if I got queued up with a killer with 8 long creepy crawly legs and 8 eyes and whatnot. I would legitimately turn of my monitor and mute my headset or DC on the spot as there's absolutely 0 chance in hell I'm dealing with that.