Another cheater in my game

I am actually sick and tired of all the cheaters I encounter in my game. Seriously this is absurd at this point….

Will something be done about this? I don't want to play with cheaters in my game like #########.

Comments

  • I've come to accept that this game will forever be riddled with cheaters. The key to avoiding them is to not play to win. Cheaters will always flood the upper margin of MMR to point of facing them seriously like every 1 in 5 games. Unless you like facing players that constantly wall hack you, get your 8-10 hooks and let 2-4 survivors escape every match.

  • sadly not. There is still no server side validation and no cheat protection in place.

    Also nothing mentioned on any road map, so high likely it will stay that way until it is getting that bad that BHVR is literally forced to act.

  • It was already an issue, but as soon as my killer rank hit iridescent I see cheaters very often, especially very subtle speedhacks, where they turbo as soon as they break LOS, I had someone freeze my abilities so shock therapy wouldn't fire, and I was stuck in the charging animation for a prolonged period. I have seen people finish generators with 0 progress, finish generators remotely with no one around, break hooks at distance to save teammates and a great many other stupid things, and honestly its exhausting.

  • It’s been a problem forever, but BHVR aren’t doing anything about it. Their position seems to be “deal with it or play something else”.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    It’s been a problem forever, but BHVR aren’t doing anything about it. Their position seems to be “deal with it or play something else”.

    They have banned all cheaters I have reported. Last cheater they banned with three other people getting most likely temp bans was just before the anniversary when one cheater was Medic heal spamming and the three others were abusing it with the cheater t-bagging the killer. This even proves that they do ban and they do punish people who abuse the cheaters abilities intentionally.

  • They have a driver Update tomorrow where a bunch of drivers will need to be updated due to some exploit before playing game, I hope this removes some of the hackers.

  • @Wezqu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4103690#Comment_4103690

    They have banned all cheaters I have reported. Last cheater they banned with three other people getting most likely temp bans was just before the anniversary when one cheater was Medic heal spamming and the three others were abusing it with the cheater t-bagging the killer. This even proves that they do ban and they do punish people who abuse the cheaters abilities intentionally.

    They ban, but there are two issues:

    First, it takes them very long to actually ban people. I know that they ban in waves, but the last Cheater I reported played for 2 months before they finally got banned. They had a Steam-Profile full of people saying they were cheating AND another account which already got banned for the same type of Cheats. So you have a person who is cheating every game AND is doing ban evasion… Is it really not possible to ban them quicker? Like come on.

    And second, they ban, but only after someone reports the Cheaters. There are no measurements to prevent the Cheating at all. And some things can and will hopefully be done when they have rewritten the code. It should be possible that the game auto-kicks people who move way quicker than they should. Or hit someone with less cooldown than the game makes possible. Or who outright flies around. Those things are possible and they should be in the game. Would obviously do less against things like save injecting, but to be honest, I would not care too much about it. While those people also should be banned, I dont personally care if someone cheats themselves 600 of every Item or cheats themselves Cosmetics, since it does not affect me in the slightest.

    But for the other things, there need to be Server-sided Checks.

  • @Wezqu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4103690#Comment_4103690

    They have banned all cheaters I have reported. Last cheater they banned with three other people getting most likely temp bans was just before the anniversary when one cheater was Medic heal spamming and the three others were abusing it with the cheater t-bagging the killer. This even proves that they do ban and they do punish people who abuse the cheaters abilities intentionally.

    It’s great that they are responding to your reports, but if that’s all they are doing, it’s not a real solution and it’s a losing battle. What really needs to happen is server side validation to flag when someone is doing something in the game that isn’t possible without cheats. I understand that the main issue is false bans, but that is easy to address by simply counting how many times this happens to a player and have a threshold for banning. Innocent players are extremely unlikely to be falsely flagged for cheating multiple games in a row, whereas real cheaters will be far more likely to be flagged multiple games in a row.

  • The biggest problem is they require you to record and go outside the game to create a ticket. The responsibility shouldn't be on the players affected by cheating to do both of those things.

  • security update today hopefully addresses this for a bit.